• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

stiller vs. surgeon???

7.62_Reaper

Private
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2012
im planning another build in either .260 rem or 6.5x47 lapua. I was wondering which action would you go with a stiller or a surgeon. im having the same problem deciding on what action to use as I am with which cartage to use, to me there too close and was wondering which you would choose and why (just the actions i'll figure out what cartage latter).

thanks josh

Surgeons are on not going to be produced again until around 2014, if you are going to spend that kind of money on an action I suggest you look at the BAT Tactical Action from Wolf Precision. Call Jamie Dodson and he will take care of you.

The Deviant rifle action from Defiance is also a recent favorite, and should be easier to get than the Surgeon (which is being produced, but most production is allocated/backordered).

The Deviant rifle action from Defiance is also a recent favorite, and should be easier to get than the Surgeon (which is being produced, but most production is allocated/backordered).

never heard of these guys before, seems worth looking into

Talked to Deviant this morning, they make actions for GAP and Proof.

Price is right, and same features as the Surgeon for less money.

I have mine figured out for when I return to Merica.

1. BAT
2A. Nesika
2B. Defiance

I haven't gotten to handle bighorn and badger actions much, but they are highly regarded as well.

(assuming surgeon is unavailable, o/w would be 1B.)

Love Surgeon, and have 2 Bighorn actions on new builds not received - looking forward to trying those. The GAP Defiance is also good.

I have had another Surgeon action on order for some time. Not sure when I'll get it.