• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stillers Precision supplying new MK 13 action

stiller

Sergeant
Minuteman
Stillers Precision Firearms has been chosen to supply the MK 13 action for the new updated MK 13 sniper rifle in 300 Win Mag for Crane Naval Weapons Center. We submitted samples and won out over the competition in a field type of test using all the submitted actions for consideration. They are putting our action on new AI Chassis systems with new high quality barrels. We are looking forward to dealing with them and becoming a supplier to help our forces do their job. Hopefully, when we complete the first phase of the contract for them this year, we will make the same action available to the general public. We will keep everyone informed of what is available as it happens.

Re: Stillers Precision supplying new MK 13 action

nice! congrats. any pics
wink.gif

Congratulations Jerry. That is a hell of a honor, and speaks volumes about your new actions. Can't wait to see/buy one.

Nice. Would love to see pics when you have some.

Maybe have a few overrun spec engraved leftovers
smile.gif
did you happen to hear what glass they're putting on it?

First & Foremost Congratulations,

Interesting with the MK13 and M24 .300 Win Mag "Upgrades", from what I have seen I am not sure what they are really "upgrading", looks like all of the major components (stock, receiver, barrel, etc) are actually being replaced with completely new items. Basically they are taking in an old rifle and replacing it with a new rifle by the time the "upgrade process" is complete. Maybe what it takes to "work the system" to get some new rifles in service?

Glad to see that the troops will be getting some new quality rifles to work with.

Now I just hope that they will be able to consistently get quality ammo to feed them with! .300 Win Mag is obviously not something that you just find laying around on the battlefield. As bad as it was having to use M59/M80 Ball when you could not find M118, at least you could get it and keep your rifle in service. Knowing the Military, I can see troops sitting in the field with a rifle that they cannot use because they can't get the proper ammo for it. Guess everyone will have to keep their fingers crossed that it does not happen!

Best of Luck,
M Richardson

Captrichardson-

You bring up a very good point. I myself have had to make due with M80 and M118SB when M118LR isn't available, or is in such limited quantity that you really can't even use it (what good is a box or two?) They'll have to do a LOT better to get everyone their ammo than they have at some points with M118LR.

As far as what's being upgraded for the M24's- it sure sounds like a matter of keeping the action and replacing everything else. I imagine this allows them to for-go what would otherwise be a long, drawn out testing, eval and contracting process. Question is, if Stillers are providing new actions for upgrading Mk13's... what exactly IS NOT being replaced. Sounds to me like they are building new rifles. I'm curious if the new barrel will include a new suppressor which will do away with the aweful barrel cut-back of the Mk13.

Upgrades versus replacement versus new buy can depend a lot on what kind of money is available and what you call it. How ever it happens, the forces are getting a much better weapon hopefully. I have run into that "color of money" thing before. All of that is up to interpretation.

Damn...that is awesome news, Jerry!! Congrats on the contract and thanks for providing such high-quality products to our armed services!

Can't wait to see updates on this project (as well as maybe some "contract overruns")!!
wink.gif

Congrats Jerry.
Lee

That's great news, Jerry, and congratulations on the deal.

Glad to see troops getting some things they need.I agree on the ammo. Congrats to you!!