• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Stinger Missle Box Conversion Complete

79M1a-texas

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2005
Denton County, Texas
Just finished adding the 2" foam to my stinger box. Plan on moving it with a second person; truck dolly; or adding a removal axle & 10” wheels (plenty of room to store inside of box).
This shows the foam in place between the barrels and the lower level.
Finished002withdivider.jpg

With the foam divider removed exposing the Kowa TSN-821 spotting scope and Jim Owens Scope Stand.
Finished001withoutdivider.jpg

Aft view of box.
Finished004withoutdivider.jpg

Side view of bottom half. I have two - 2” layers of foam in the lid to protect scope turrets.
Finished005sideview.jpg

Plenty of room for a custom F/TR rifle 26” barrel with NF 12x42 NXS and Remington 5R with a Sightron SIII 10-50x60 scope. Used the existing foam for the stock cradle and rest for the stock forearms.
Finished007inside.jpg

Re: Stinger Missle Box Conversion Complete

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 79M1a-texas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bought'em. </div></div>

That was assumed.

Where?

I hope you have good insurance...you are going to need it for the hernia repair when you get done lifting that beast around!!
wink.gif

Seriously...it looks like you've done an excellent job on the interior of the case. I know several guys who were using old Stinger cases for transporting 50BMG rifles/accessories to competitions a while back and they worked well. Most did eventually modify the case to allow for attachment of wheels given the extreme length/WEIGHT of these things when loaded. Out of curiosity, do you have any guesses as to what your total weight on this setup is when loaded?

I am betting you'll be WELL OVER 100lbs since the cases alone weight approx. 80lbs!! Not terribly practical, but whatever floats your boat (or sinks it for that matter)!!
wink.gif

Good luck!

weight or not looks great I think. WOuld love to get my hands on one, but I am sure something stupid like ITAR's would get in the way of sending what is just a green box to Australia... ow and the freight would be killer...

THe original box with insulation weights 49 lbs. With 2 F-T/R rifles and spotting scope + stand, I would bet under 100 lbs. Need to just weight it. Would like to see how others did the removable axle and wheels, the box has a build-in bumper for attachment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 79M1a-texas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Purchased several boxes from Uncle Sam at auction. </div></div>

Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 79M1a-texas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">THe original box with insulation weights 49 lbs. With 2 F-T/R rifles and spotting scope + stand, I would bet under 100 lbs. Need to just weight it. Would like to see how others did the removable axle and wheels, the box has a build-in bumper for attachment. </div></div>

That is much lighter than I remember them being by almost half, but that is a plus. I agree...at only roughly 50lbs dry weight, with two complete rifle setups, spotter/stand, etc., you'll probably get in under 100lbs. I will see if I can't locate some pictures of the cases I was talking about. If I can't find them in any of my old pics, you may be able to locate them on the FCSA or Biggerhammer 50cal boards. I know that one person modified a wheel kit like those available from Starlight, Pelican, etc. and others "engineered" some from supplies found at Lowes, Home Depot, etc.