• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stock for Savage FVSR

YTALER

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2010
dayton, Ohio
www.themat.com
Just got a Savage FVSR that I will mount a Pulsar Digisite on for Anti-Skunk work. I would also like to use this rifle to start out my 12 y/o daughters. Any suggestions on a stock that I can easily change the length of pull on ?

Re: Stock for Savage FVSR

If you can wait a little bit, Rhineland Arms will be releasing their Leopard stock for the MKII. It's basically a hardwood stock styled after the AICS.

savagemain.jpg

I actually just checked the website and they are available now. Thanks for the info, I'll let everyone know how it goes once I get it.

The website said they were ready and I ordered one yesterday. I'll call them today. Either way it looks like the perfect stock to use for myself and my little girls.

I got mine last week and I am waiting on new screws from Savage. I will start fitting it tomorrow hopefully. I'll post some pics once it is done.

What other hardware do you need to make this stock work? I saw that you mentioned screws....

I guess I'm specifically asking about new bottom metal. The boyds tacticool requires new bottom metal. Does this Rhineland stock require it as well?

Walnut is $130
Black is $155.

Shipping was listed at $10

I just ordered one. $165 shipped.

Also, just a note that was on their site.
/This stock will work with the new model "E" receiver for the Savage Mk 2, Mkii, MK ii rifle, TR, TRR, FV, FV SR

FYI, I just sent an email to them with some questions. Got an email back within about 10 minutes! They also said " FYI, I think we will be shipping the first ones this weekend."

I've asked them a few more questions, and they have been very responsive as others have said online. I just hope I don't have problems with it not being shipped until 6 months from now............or fitment issues.

Obviously you will need a new trigger guard. I just ordered the kit from DIP.
I guess if I don't like this stock, then I can get the Boyds and re-use the DIP kit. w00t!

Just got my stock a few days ago. I am going to try and pillar bed it. I have never done this before and was wondering if someone could post some pictures of there completed stock that have done this along with some recomendations. Any help would be appreciated.

Thx
Chris