• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stock help for 300 Norma build.

Bigrederic

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 22, 2018
Petersburg Alaska
So,

I have recently embarked on building a 300 Norma Mag, I am having Area 419 do the barreled action, and I sourced a Manners stock off the sales forum in here after I was having no luck finding a new one on the shelf our there for sale. I ended up buying a Manners T4A in raw carbon fiber bedded by GAP for my Defiance action. Well fast forward to the other day I ordered a Manners PRS1 in Sage Flats with a mini-chassis for a Mini chassis by mistake. It was supposed to be a short action for a friend as part of a trade we are doing... So now I have another stock coming in in a few days, and I am trying to decide which one I should use for my new Norma. and if I should sell the T4A or Return the PRS1.

Opinions on which one I should rock, and the pluses and minuses of each stock.

I prefer my PRS1 for positional shooting over the T4A. I have a T4A on a prone only rifle. Best thing to do to play w them side by side and see what fits your needs better!

You have the opportunity to try both and decide which one you like best. Pretty good spot to be in!

Its only money,,,,I also prefer my Manners Elite TA w mini over my T4A. I think you will like the PRS1 over the T4A. What action/barrel contour did you order? Should be easy to sell here.

Should be no problem selling the one you don't want. No one wants to wait 6 months for a ordered stock.

Any chance the PRS1 w mini is a CIP mini chassis?

I had a 300 norma in a T4A (standard fill). Was a hefty beast with a 28" MTU on it. Very stable though. I ended up selling it. I have two rifles now with PRS2 stocks and if I build another magnum, will end up ordering a PRS1 or 2. More than likely the 1 because the magnum will be a prone only rifle and the butthook is helpful there (I have grip tape on the angled bag riders on my PRS2s). The Butthook of the T4A/PRS1 with the PRS stock front end is good to go I think.

Reactions: BCX