• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

stock options for savage heavy 22 lr

Re: stock options for savage heavy 22 lr

The most popular is the Boyd's Tacticool. It's just under $100 shipped but about a 3 week wait. If you have a synthetic stock currently, you'll have to get different bottom metal and trigger guard which is only like $25.

I have the tacticool and while it certainly looks good, the Boyd's varmint thumbhole is a much better stock.

The Boyd's varmint thumbhole, are these drop in stocks that retain the barrel float? Or would I need to pillar and bed this thing?
.....I know pillar and devcon bed "should" be done, but does it have to be?

Would the Boyd's provide accuracy and improvement over the synthetic stock that comes with a Savage MKII?

The tacticool's are great, there are a couple of threads on here you can find using the search function that will show ya some cool builds others have done
smile.gif

Try cci subsonic ammo vs standard velocity. My mkii shoots under .5" groups at 25 yards. It will approach .25" with eley tennex.

Unless it is a comfort issue a stock change won't do much for rifle accuracy on a 22lr as there is minimal recoil. As long as it passes the dollar bill test you should be fine.

The thumbhole stock that came on mine is extremely ergonomic for me.