• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stock pack for better cheek weld

wisam

Private
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2011
I’m upgrading my scope from a 40MM VX II to a 50 mm PST. After shouldering a couple of rifles with 50 MM objectives, I realized that I will need to raise the cheek piece on my rifle.

I am also adding a 20 minute rail. I’m wondering if something like this will raise the cheek piece enough after I put a 50 mm scope and 20 minute rail http://www.skdtac.com/Eagle_Shooters_Rifle_Stock_Pack_p/eag.116.htm

The gun is a M700 VS. I hear a lot of guys put foam under something like this to get additional height. Is there any stock packs that add enough height without modification?

Re: Stock pack for better cheek weld

By the way, I did search, I guess what I am really wondering is if most stock packs will place my head in a similar position to what I have with a 40 mm scope without a 20 minute rail.

yes, you might want to put foam under the stock pack to align your eye with your scope. Try using the tac ops stock pack. I finally gave up looking for an eagle. This stock pack is just as good in my opinion. My friend has an eagle and I have compared the two. good luck whatever route you go.

The eagle stock pack is Not going to give you much cheek elevation at all....but like stated above, if it's needed, put foam underneath until you get the proper height.

I use a think peice of hard foam under my stock pack. Works like a charm.

Are there any stock packs that will give me more elevation or will I need to add foam to all of them. I know it's not too much trouble, but if there is a model that requires no modification, then I will go with that.

I'd opt for a Karsten cheek piece instead. I tried an Eagle pack on my rifle and it didn't quite get me where I wanted to be.

xlri.JPG

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2227118

John

What height rings do you have now and what height are you getting with the new scope? You might be surprised that you don't need that much more height, if any, with the 50mm than the 40mm.

Used a few pieces of mouse pad taped up under my Tac Ops stock pack and its honestly more comfortable than the cheek piece on my McM A5. And lighter, feels better than foam to me personally.

Not to hijack but what do you guys use if you only have flushcups on the side?

a couple strips of duct tape or velcro tape under the pack should do you good.

Mouse pad and duct tape works very well and I use it on my HTG stock on my .308 to raise my stock pack a little more.
P4050010.jpg

I use medium rings right now. I have maybe 4-5 mm between the bell and the barrel, so it would be pretty close if I kept the same height, but with the addition of a 20 minute rail, I'm guessing I'll need high rings.

Love the mouse pad Idea by the way.

What height are the rings in inches? What rings?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wisam</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Love the mouse pad Idea by the way. </div></div>

It is. Don't get me wrong, the cheek rest on my McM is nice, but I paid over $100 for an upgrade that my $30 stock pack and 99cent mouse pad did just as well or better, weighs less and never comes loose. I actually had a T5A on order for this same .223, and after using this for a few weeks, I called and had it switched to a regular T5.

A Tac-Ready Mag Pack has a Velcro pocket on the top side so you can add risers to raise your cheek. http://www.riflesonly.com/pro-shop/tac-ready-gear/mag-pack.html . The mag pouch easily hold 10rnd 308 mags. I have a couple and they work great. Trick is finding something to stuff in as they don't provide any risers with it. I made my riser by cutting out a 1/2" thick section of a midwayusa catalog and duct taping it for the correct form. Works great for me

The Eagle allows you to cut the threads in the rear of it and add material to make it "taller". Put velcro in its place and you can use and reuse it to height spec.

Depending on your application, remember shooting left handed exercises with the eagle stock pack is going to suck having that shit in your face...I had one and it quickly came off. Foam and 100mph tape worked much better until I was able to get a McMillan adjustable cheek piece.