• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stock Pack Question?

YetiSlayer

Private
Minuteman
Jun 27, 2010
Hillsboro, Oregon
I have noticed that many of the peoples rifles are sporting a Eagle stock pack or one of similar style. Currently three of my rifles have stock packs on them. I keep a Otis cleaning cable, bore brush, a small oil bottle and some patches in each of mine, but there is still a lot of room left. My question is what do you all keep in them? What small items do you have in them that you have found to be indispensable?

Re: Stock Pack Question?

Allen wrenches or other tools specific to the rifle and scope in case something needs a quick tightening up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Redmanss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Allen wrenches or other tools specific to the rifle and scope in case something needs a quick tightening up. </div></div>+1 I also keep a lens cloth and my laminated dope card with some small quick reference formulas on the back.

Hex and Torx wrenches for all scope rings and adjustments, stock adjustments, action screws, bipod. A small Rite-in-the-Rain notebook for notes and drops. Lens cleaning cloth as well. SlopeDoper, too.

A couple emergency cigarettes...:)

ear plugs. black paracord in case by butler creeks break. Extra velcro strips to build my cheek weld. allen/torx wrenches (I have Seekins rings).

Still need -
mildot master.
dope cards for a couple loads.

I put my kestrel in mine, lense cloth, scope hex, dope cards, ipod when warm out, extra ear plugs, extra pen, and what whatever you don't wanna carry in your pockets till she is full.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Craven Morehead</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have noticed that many of the peoples rifles are sporting a Eagle stock pack or one of similar style. Currently three of my rifles have stock packs on them. I keep a Otis cleaning cable, bore brush, a small oil bottle and some patches in each of mine, but there is still a lot of room left. My question is what do you all keep in them? What small items do you have in them that you have found to be indispensable? </div></div>
I carry ear plugs and a Red Tac Gear LT Tool Pack. In the Tool Packs I carry whatever wrenches I need to tighten the scope rings, bottom metal, and scope turrets of the respective rifle. For instance, my Tac Ops X-Ray 51 wears PMII 5-25X in Leupold Mark 4 rings. The Mark 4s' have 1/2" nuts on the clamps and TorX T15s' on the ring tops so I carry a cut-down Craftsman Stubby Combination Wrench, a TorX T15, a 5/32" hex wrench (bottom metal), a 1/8" hex wrench (set screw for bipod adapter that rides in the Anschutz Rail), a 1/16" hex wrench (PMII turret dials), and spare CR2032 batteries for the illumination on my PMIIs'. Just for kicks I had all of the wrenches coated in Birdsong Black-T.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Multicam Red Tac Gear Version III LT Tool Pack (tools not included):</span></span>
LTToolPack1OPEN18x6.jpg

LTToolPack1OPEN28x6.jpg

LTToolPack1OPEN3Closeup8x6.jpg

LTToolPack1BatteryPocketCloseup8x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Full-polish Craftsman 1/2" Stubby Combination Wrench before modification:</span></span>
Pre-modStubbyComboWrench8x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Craftsman 1/2" Stubby Combination wrench cut and is ready for shaping:</span></span>
CutStubby18x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Craftsman 1/2" Stubby Combination wrench cut and shaped - next is sand-blasting:</span></span>
ShapedPre-blastStubbyOverall8x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Fully shaped and sand-blasted Craftsman 1/2" Stubby Combination wrench:</span></span>
FinishedStubbyDiagonalFrontCU8x6.jpg

FinishedStubbyDiagonalBack8x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Finished cut, shaped, sand-blasted, and Birdsong Black-T coated Craftsman 1/2" Stubby Combination wrenches:</span></span>
Black-T-coatedmoddedCraftsmanStubbies28x6.jpg

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aries64</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Craven Morehead</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have noticed that many of the peoples rifles are sporting a Eagle stock pack or one of similar style. Currently three of my rifles have stock packs on them. I keep a Otis cleaning cable, bore brush, a small oil bottle and some patches in each of mine, but there is still a lot of room left. My question is what do you all keep in them? What small items do you have in them that you have found to be indispensable? </div></div>
I carry ear plugs and a Red Tac Gear LT Tool Pack. In the Tool Packs I carry whatever wrenches I need to tighten the scope rings, bottom metal, and scope turrets of the respective rifle. For instance, my Tac Ops X-Ray 51 wears PMII 5-25X in Leupold Mark 4 rings. The Mark 4s' have 1/2" nuts on the clamps and TorX T15s' on the ring tops so I carry a cut-down Craftsman Stubby Combination Wrench, a TorX T15, a 5/32" hex wrench (bottom metal), a 1/8" hex wrench (set screw for bipod adapter that rides in the Anschutz Rail), a 1/16" hex wrench (PMII turret dials), and spare CR2032 batteries for the illumination on my PMIIs'. Just for kicks I had all of the wrenches coated in Birdsong Black-T.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Multicam Red Tac Gear Version III LT Tool Pack (tools not included):</span></span>
LTToolPack1OPEN18x6.jpg

LTToolPack1OPEN28x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Full-polish Craftsman 1/2" Stubby Combination Wrench before modification:</span></span>

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Craftsman 1/2" Stubby Combination wrench cut and is ready for shaping:</span></span>
CutStubby18x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Craftsman 1/2" Stubby Combination wrench cut and shaped - next is sand-blasting:</span></span>

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Fully shaped and sand-blasted Craftsman 1/2" Stubby Combination wrench:</span></span>

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Finished cut, shaped, sand-blasted, and Birdsong Black-T coated Craftsman 1/2" Stubby Combination wrenches:</span></span>

Keith </div></div>

Proud of that little wrench are we? lol nice job

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Juice5610</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aries64</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Craven Morehead</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have noticed that many of the peoples rifles are sporting a Eagle stock pack or one of similar style. Currently three of my rifles have stock packs on them. I keep a Otis cleaning cable, bore brush, a small oil bottle and some patches in each of mine, but there is still a lot of room left. My question is what do you all keep in them? What small items do you have in them that you have found to be indispensable? </div></div>

LTToolPack1OPEN18x6.jpg

LTToolPack1OPEN28x6.jpg

CutStubby18x6.jpg

Keith </div></div>

Proud of that little wrench are we? lol nice job </div></div>
I like it. I cut the open end off and rough-shaped it with a Dremel, then final-shaping and polishing with a small file and emery cloth it before sand-blasting it as prep for the Birdsong Black-T. I torque everything to spec with an SK torque screwdriver so I'll probably never have to use them, but it pays to be prepared...

Keith

Just wow at the wrench job... i wish i had your kind of free time. ha!

Ear Pro, Allen Wrench for slipping Turrets, Lens Cloth, Pen /Write N Rain notepad. I could throw in my Borka MG3-SRA wrench kit but I keep it in my backpack along with anything else I may need. I don't like to fill my stock pack, especially if I am going to be carry the rifle in the field. I think less is more when it comes to a stock pack.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aries64</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Craven Morehead</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have noticed that many of the peoples rifles are sporting a Eagle stock pack or one of similar style. Currently three of my rifles have stock packs on them. I keep a Otis cleaning cable, bore brush, a small oil bottle and some patches in each of mine, but there is still a lot of room left. My question is what do you all keep in them? What small items do you have in them that you have found to be indispensable? </div></div>

LTToolPack1OPEN18x6.jpg

LTToolPack1OPEN28x6.jpg

CutStubby18x6.jpg

Keith </div></div>

That wrench is the coolest. Fantastic idea. I'm on my way to Sears!