• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stock Pack recommend?

ra2bach

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2004
Atlanta,GA
I'm looking for a stock pack for an AR Rifle stock. this is obviously different than a bolt gun stock so I'm looking for recommendations.

Is there any besides Triad Tactical that I should consider? Tacops? CHinaMart???

Sorry if this is an old topic, I searched but didn't anything relevant...

Are you looking for the suede, or a place to store something as well? Which model stock?

Are you looking for the suede, or a place to store something as well? Which model stock?

I think I prefer suede, I'm not sure how some rubber composite pad would feel, but the truth is, I don't know. I've never used one before...

the stock is standard A2 Rifle stock and I need some cheek rest height to get up to 50mm scope.

I don't need to store a lot of stuff (no magazines or anything) and I don't want material flopping around. a pocket would be nice but I want it pretty tight.

I tried a small handful (the other ones I can remember were Larue and Voodoo Tactical) and the PIG Tactical was the best for sure, especially at staying in place. The "Hypalon" material holding the cords in place is very grippy. If you need to increase the height more, you can layer neoprene or tape under the pad. Really nice features with suede cheek pad, 10 elastic ammo loops inside pouch, and loop section for attaching bullet cards or killer tacticool patches. I have mine on a bolt rifle but it would fit an A2 no problem.

http://www.skdtac.com/PIG-Rifle-Stoc...-p/pig.669.htm

thanks for the replies. I mesaged Triad asking whether I needed their Standard or their Large StockPack. they responded within 3 minutes and brought up something that I hadn't considered - that it might interfere with charging handle.

the stock pack is 7" long but the charging handle needs 6 3/4" to the end of the stock.

hmmmm, I may have to rethink this...

thanks for the replies. I mesaged Triad asking whether I needed their Standard or their Large StockPack. they responded within 3 minutes and brought up something that I hadn't considered - that it might interfere with charging handle.

the stock pack is 7" long but the charging handle needs 6 3/4" to the end of the stock.

hmmmm, I may have to rethink this...

Good point, I never considered the interference problem.

Good point, I never considered the interference problem.

lol, neither did I till guy from Triad mentioned it. he said the pack needs to be mounted tight to the butt pad. I wonder if there's a spacer or additional pad I can put on the A2 stock to lengthen it. I just need 1/4-1/2"...

lol, neither did I till guy from Triad mentioned it. he said the pack needs to be mounted tight to the butt pad. I wonder if there's a spacer or additional pad I can put on the A2 stock to lengthen it. I just need 1/4-1/2"...

You can definitely add a spacer. I also think the PIG Tactical stock pack I linked in a prior post might be a little shorter just from eyeballing photos (see below, PIG first then Triad), but hard to say. I'm really happy with mine and definitely preferred it to the other Velcro ones I tried (not including Triad's) because there's much less movement, but Triad makes great stuff too and it's convenient that the height adjustment feature is built in - you can do it with the PIG but you'll have to tape material directly to your stock.

PIG.669-2_1024x1024.jpeg

3405-01.jpg

Two thoughts:

1. We have tried the lace up option for attaching stock packs before. We just dont find that we can get them tight enough on the stock to keep them from wanting to roll around.

2. We have tried many times to come up with AR stock packs. The issue we almost always run into is with the charging handle not clearing. If we shorten the pack enough, there is no longer any material where you would normally set your cheek. We found several plastic stock attachments, and complete stocks as well, with the same issue. The cheek riser is too far back to get a good cheek weld, with only half the face being supported.

All of the variants of our stock pack can be found here: https://www.triadtactical.com/All-Triad-Stock-Packs/