• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stock Pack... Whats in it?

PhilaMike

Private
Minuteman
Jul 7, 2011
Phila, PA
I've been following a bunch of threads for a while now and I think I'm ready to start jumping in.

I am new to Precision Shooting and have a ton of questions.

From the thread about the best stock pack I gathered that Triad is good as well as Eagle, and the Blackhawk is not the best (which I ironically own lol)

What do you actually keep in your stock pack? Outside of Ammunition in the loops (if there are loops) whats valuable to keep in your stock pack? Whats in yours?

Mike

Re: Stock Pack... Whats in it?

What he said, allen wrench.
I also keep:
3-5 spare rounds of ammo, small knife, dope card, a smoke, 20' or so of 550 cord, and a twinkie or ho-ho, depending on my cravings that day.

Great Suggestions!

Especially the Boresnake, Allen Wrench and Twinkie lol...

Keep em Coming!!

Ear plugs, Mildot Master, wrenches for adjusting scopes, lens cloth. It is really situation dependent. I don't like much in the stock pack,as I think it makes the stock bulky, so I try to limit what I actually put in the pack to what I think I will need.

I keep drop cards/angle info, small tools specific to that rifle/scope, including the wrench for the stock bolts, and a handy dandy little bolt disassembly kit I came up with. Some 550 and a boresnake (which would only get used in a dire emergency).

Sorry, no tactical bacon but there is room for a cherry pop tart........

Chapstick.
wink.gif

I keep an allen wrench for my rings, and one for the scope, a grease pencil, two snapcaps, dope cards, and my ear plugs, and a spare battery for the illuminated reticle on the scope.

-Paulus

Allen wrenches for scope & rings
Spare battery for illum. reticle
Extra velcro dope card/s that stick to the ather Velcro piece on my stock

When I go hunting it also has

Couple cut off latex glove fingers to cover the muzzle if it starts raining.
baby wipes for when that unexpected moment hits

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pyplynr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Allen wrenches for scope & rings
Spare battery for illum. reticle
Extra velcro dope card/s that stick to the ather Velcro piece on my stock

baby wipes for when that unexpected moment hits </div></div>

Baby wipes? Isn't that why we wear t-shirts? Just start at the bottom and keep cutting off strips until either you are done, or you are wearing a halter top...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PhilaMike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been following a bunch of threads for a while now and I think I'm ready to start jumping in.

I am new to Precision Shooting and have a ton of questions.

From the thread about the best stock pack I gathered that Triad is good as well as Eagle, and the Blackhawk is not the best (which I ironically own lol)</div></div>
If you want or need a LARGE Stock Pack capable of carrying spare magazines for a detachable box magazine, the Triad is very good. If you don't want or need a Stock Pack that large/bulky, I highly recommend Tac Ops Stock Packs - they're extremely well-made and are 100% made in the U.S.A., just like everything Tac Ops makes. Tac Ops Stock Packs have eight (8) ammo loops on the outside, so you can either carry additional ammo or whatever suits you inside.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PhilaMike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What do you actually keep in your stock pack? Outside of Ammunition in the loops (if there are loops) whats valuable to keep in your stock pack? Whats in yours?

Mike </div></div>
I carry ear plugs and a Red Tac Gear LT Tool Pack in each of my Stock Packs. In each Tool Pack are the wrenches I need to tighten the scope rings, bottom metal, and scope turrets of the respective rifle (just-in-case). For instance, <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">my Tac Ops X-Ray 51</span></span> wears a PMII 5-25X in Leupold Mark 4 rings. The Mark 4s' have 1/2" nuts on the clamps and TorX T15s' on the ring tops so I carry a cut-down Craftsman Stubby Combination Wrench, a TorX T15, a 5/32" hex wrench (bottom metal), a 1/8" hex wrench (set screw for bipod adapter that rides in the Anschutz Rail), and a 1/16" hex wrench (PMII turret dials) in the LT Tool Pack.

The <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Red Tac Gear LT Tool Pack Version III</span></span> (the version in the photos below) has a pocket sewn into the flap which I carry spare CR2032 batteries for the illumination the PMII in. Just for kicks I had all of the wrenches coated in <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Birdsong Black-T</span></span> when I had some other parts coated. Tucked inside the LT Tool Pack theres' nothing loose to rattle around in the Stock Pack.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Multicam Red Tac Gear Version III LT Tool Pack (tools not included):</span></span>
LTToolPack1OPEN18x6.jpg

LTToolPack1OPEN28x6.jpg

LTToolPack1OPEN3Closeup8x6.jpg

LTToolPack1BatteryPocketCloseup8x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Full-polish Craftsman 1/2" Stubby Combination Wrench before modification:</span></span>
Pre-modStubbyComboWrench8x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Craftsman 1/2" Stubby Combination wrench cut and is ready for shaping:</span></span>
CutStubby18x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Craftsman 1/2" Stubby Combination wrench cut and shaped - next is sand-blasting:</span></span>
ShapedPre-blastStubbyOverall8x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Fully shaped and sand-blasted Craftsman 1/2" Stubby Combination wrench:</span></span>
FinishedStubbyDiagonalFrontCU8x6.jpg

FinishedStubbyDiagonalBack8x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Finished cut, shaped, sand-blasted, and Birdsong Black-T coated Craftsman 1/2" Stubby Combination wrenches:</span></span>
Black-T-coatedmoddedCraftsmanStubbies28x6.jpg

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OdellJym</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pyplynr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Baby wipes? Isn't that why we wear t-shirts? Just start at the bottom and keep cutting off strips until either you are done, or you are wearing a halter top... </div></div>

Odell, have you ever used baby wipes in the woods? Holy crap they're amazing. Sure you use the t-shirt for the primary clean-up but the baby wipe is like a soothing cherry on top of the sundae that is wiping your ass in the woods.

Hell, if they didn't clog the toilet, I'd use them at home!

I keep:

*stubby wrench for ring bolts
*whatever torx or hex are needed for the ring caps & picatinny rail.
*whatever allen wrench I need for the action screws.
*A few cleaning patches, a nylon bore brush, otis cable/handle/jag, CLP.
*any specialty items for that particular gun
*dope cards
*battery for illum. (if so equipped and scope doesn't hold spare in a cap)
*Also have ammo for said rifle in the shell loops

That's pretty slick looking Keith! I pretty much carry all the same things as these guys but I think I'm going to paint my wrenches something hi-viz because I hate losing them in the grass if I drop them. I'll also add though that I usually carry a lens pen in the stock pack to clean the lenses off with instead of lens wipes or a cloth.

- Scope tools
- Lens cloth
- Spare ear plugs
- Hunting licence
- Permits (if hunting)
- Scope battery
- A few Qtips
- A bit of 550 cord
- Dope card

... all inside a TacOps pack. There is a surpising amount of room to spare too.

I'm going to add some latex 'fingers' for the muzzle. Raining around here a lot lately.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trigger Monkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's pretty slick looking Keith! I pretty much carry all the same things as these guys but I think I'm going to paint my wrenches something hi-viz because I hate losing them in the grass if I drop them. I'll also add though that I usually carry a lens pen in the stock pack to clean the lenses off with instead of lens wipes or a cloth. </div></div>
Thanks Ian. I've never worried about dropping my wrenches - the 1/2" is pretty big and hard-to-lose unless the grass is pretty tall and thick. The allens are another story. A Lens Pen is an excellent idea - I'm going to have to pick a couple more up - my S & B Cleaning Kits live in the interior pockets of my Tac Ops DBs so they aren't exactly handy. Thanks!

Keith

The tip about qtips and about the latex glove fingers are great! Thanks for passing that on, adding them tonight.

Paulus

Deer tag/zip ties
Copy of the tax stamp for the can
.5 oz oil
ammo
snoopy band-aid
10' 550 cord

Thanks for all the kind words of support for the Triad Stock Packs™.

Last edited:

MY PLEASURE!!!

You can expect my order very soon... I'm sold!

A lot of great ideas coming through here! I've put posts on other forums and never had a hit...

Sniper's Hide ROCKS!

Nothing yet. My Triad Pack just showed up today. It will have...

Milldot Master with Data
Rifle Tools
Para Chord
A couple of zip ties
Hunting License and tags
Ammo in the loops

I use my rifle for fun and hunting.

Dave

I carry: Remmington RemOil Wipes (for the rifle, not my ass)
An eye patch (cause I'm left eye dominate and right
handed)
Wrenches for the scope and bottom metal
Ear plugs
Ammo and snap caps in the loops

I do like the idea of handy wipes. I'm going to add them!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jig Stick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Not going shooting with this guy! Maybe one of you guys with the baby wipes will opt in?

boresnake
LT tool pack with a wrench for everything on gun (must have for me, great product)
ear plugs
dope
reticle breakdown
borka tool

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TacticalJ</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jig Stick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Not going shooting with this guy! Maybe one of you guys with the baby wipes will opt in? </div></div>Worst part is that the anal-eaze is flavored...
eek.gif

ATM anyone, lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: halcyon575</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OdellJym</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pyplynr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Baby wipes? Isn't that why we wear t-shirts? Just start at the bottom and keep cutting off strips until either you are done, or you are wearing a halter top... </div></div>

Odell, have you ever used baby wipes in the woods? Holy crap they're amazing. Sure you use the t-shirt for the primary clean-up but the baby wipe is like a soothing cherry on top of the sundae that is wiping your ass in the woods.

Hell, if they didn't clog the toilet, I'd use them at home! </div></div>

Try flushable wipes by cottonell. Won't clog it up.

5-rd aics mag with barrier ammo, ear plugs, lens cloth (not for dirty lenses, but for when I manage to breath on them or go from cold dry air to warm humid air then can't see shit), small torx wrench for scope rings, small allen wrench for turret slipping (can't remember the last time I used either, but others with me have used them).

Reviving this old thread . . .

I was thinking about a spare parts kit for a savage to go with the tools I carry, etc. in my stock pack.

Anyone carry spare extractor, etc.?

BMT

God I hope VJJ shows up here, you KNOW that guy is carrying some 'interesting' things in his...!

XDS 45 as last resort

BMT , I never lost a extractor from a Savage, if you do you might as well carry an extra ball and spring with it.

Aries I like that set up, nice man.

XDS 45 as last resort

BMT , I never lost a extractor from a Savage, if you do you might as well carry an extra ball and spring with it.

Aries I like that set up, nice man.

Thanks. I never lost one either. Just thinking out loud. Bore snake and mildot master are good ideas.

BMT

I basically have an entire kit in my drag bag.

Small cleaning kit with bore snake,
multi tool,
Data book with all the proper drop cards, FDAC, ext...
Allen wrenches for scope adjustment,
Compass,
550 cord,
Rangefinder,
Kestrel,
spotting scope,
Shooting mat,
Extra ammo,
Batteries,
Rain pancho

I basically have an entire kit in my drag bag.

Small cleaning kit with bore snake,
multi tool,
Data book with all the proper drop cards, FDAC, ext...
Allen wrenches for scope adjustment,
Compass,
550 cord,
Rangefinder,
Kestrel,
spotting scope,
Shooting mat,
Extra ammo,
Batteries,
Rain pancho

you forgot the inflatable Sherpa to carry all your crap outta the field. ;)

In an altoids can....two hex wrenches for scope and chassis, 1/2 inch wrench, extra dope cards attached with velcro to the inside lid and bottom, small bag with replacement screws for rings, chassis etc..

On my latest hunt I stored a Sony compact camera in my eagle stock pack. And 5 rounds of ammo in the loops.