• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

stock ?

pinedog31

Private
Minuteman
Oct 27, 2007
idaho
hello i have a remington model 721 i am told it is the same action as the remington model 700. my question is does any body no if an after market stock for a 700 work for the 721

Re: stock ?

I have put five 700 SA/LA stocks on 721/722 rifles. Some inletting is required for the safety, trigger and rear sight barrel boss. If you want to substitute 700 bottom metal it works well. If you want to reuse the 721/722 bottom metal you need to shim the floorplate at the front guard screw. It works out fine and sets the rifle up for scope use better. Gun Parts Ltd (ex Numrich) in NY has quite a few different 700 stocks brand new for sale. One of the best is the one designed for the 35 Whelen 700.
Here's a picture of one I used on a 700 Classic 300 H&H conversion to 244 H&H. I also used the same stock to update a first year of production 721 in 300 H&H.
It's a reasonably simple do it yourself job.
244HH.png