• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Stockade Gun Stocks

benson821

Gunsmith, NRL/PRS Competitor, Hunter
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2010
Whitehall, MT
Anybody here use a Stockade Stock on their rifle or have handled them. I'm looking at getting one for my Savage Model 12FLV. The two stocks are the woodchuck or pdog.

I'm wondering how the ergo's are on them, weight, personal thoughts on them, and anything else you guys/gals would like to throw in about them.

This rifle is going to be used for coyote hunting, plinking out to 500ish , and just a good solid replacements stock for the rifle.

If you have one of these two stocks or any other Stockade stocks post a pic to show what it looks as a comeplete rifle.

Re: Stockade Gun Stocks

benson821 - if you go to my website and look in the gallery (show and tell page) at least half of the Savages there are in Stockade stocks - I am very pleased with them as well as my customers. I buy them unfinished and do the work myself - saves a bit and it's easy to do.

www.darkeaglecustom.com

Dan

Stockade stocks are top notch. You will not be dissappointed in them. Kevin Rayhill knows Savages with the best of them out there. I have one of his Woodchuck models and it is solid, no flex, nice wide forend.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: head2h2o</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stockade stocks are top notch. You will not be dissappointed in them. Kevin Rayhill knows Savages with the best of them out there. I have one of his Woodchuck models and it is solid, no flex, nice wide forend.</div></div>

How's the weight on the woodchuck. I was looking at the pdog but the roughly 4lbs the stock weighs is a major deturent so now i'm looking at the woodchuck.

I talked to them a couple months ago about the Mule Deer and the Woodchuck and I was told roughly 2.5lb on both stocks.

34dopcj.jpg

Do it, Kevin is great and the money saver is a big cost savings.

You're worried about 4lb? It's a featherweight compared to my AW.

kevin is a great guy to deal with, he recently did a build for me and i went with the pdog style stock, its a great stock and comparable with my mcmillan a5, i dont think the 4lbs weight is an issue either, heres a pic of my build.

photo.jpg

Kevin and his wife build great stocks. I have one on my Savage 10ML the Elk Stalker thumbhole. I love it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: benson821</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: head2h2o</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stockade stocks are top notch. You will not be dissappointed in them. Kevin Rayhill knows Savages with the best of them out there. I have one of his Woodchuck models and it is solid, no flex, nice wide forend.</div></div>

How's the weight on the woodchuck. I was looking at the pdog but the roughly 4lbs the stock weighs is a major deturent so now i'm looking at the woodchuck. </div></div>

I don't know the exact weight, but it is not the lightest, nor the heaviest stock that I own. I would say it is a nice compromise.

I run the Woodchuck on a Savage 260 FP and couldn't be more happy.
Not sure of the stock weight but the full up weight on my rig is around 10.5-11#

Kevin makes a heck of a stock at a great price [get the 'do-it-yourself' out of the mold]

FWIW
wes in AZ

they're great for the price point, and they'll do most people just fine, the forearms are a little flexy, not nearly like the plastic factory stock, but not as stiff as a Manners or McM... only other complaint I personally have is the amount of foam Kevin uses, it was a PITA to add the Vbull DBM

For you guys who have the woodchuck can you post some pics of what the stock looks like. I'm leaning towards that stock becasue of the lighter weight and price.

My PDT weighs about 3.75lbs, but I have the adjustable cheek on it. It would probably weigh a little less without the adjustments.

PDTweight.jpg

I think it feels good, and does not have alot of flex. I am planning on another one.

camod.jpg

I had a hunting sporter and while it is a good stock I find the forend to be longer than neccessary. No complaints on construction or function. Seemed to be a fairly light weight stock.

I really like them and have been keeping my eye out for a prairie dog for sale. But if it doesn't happen soon I may just have to order one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: force_multiplier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">with the DBM
SANY0948.jpg

pre DBM
Guns006.jpg
</div></div>

Would you happen to know what the weight is on that stock? (roughly)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: benson82</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Would you happen to know what the weight is on that stock? (roughly) </div></div>
I have a long action version of that stock and mine weighs 2lbs 13oz (1.3kg).

What have ya'll found, yes Im country, that works best for paint? Has to be durable, and chip resistant. Prefer a rattle can if possible.

Here is a pic of a Savage 10FP .308win in a Pdog. The weight is not bad at all I have two and one on the way. Great stocks!

Longrangepigs_zps4425f197.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: benson821</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For you guys who have the woodchuck can you post some pics of what the stock looks like. I'm leaning towards that stock becasue of the lighter weight and price. </div></div>

Here is the woodchuck on a savage short action 243 ackley i built. Love this stock.
2012-11-23_18-23-05_731.jpg

2012-11-23_18-25-12_492.jpg

2012-11-23_18-27-00_525.jpg