• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stolen guns and suppressor. Updated!!!!!!!

Re: Stolen guns and suppressor. Updated!!!!!!!

Stacy, you've got the whole Budwieser Clydesdale team of horseshoes hidden somewhere. You know that, right?

Give Thanks for your Blessings. And apparently, nobody else was negatively affected with/by these items, either.

Sean,
I do know this is not the norm and Im extremely greatful to be getting my stuff back.
To my knowledge, the items were never used or exposed to anyone. Hope to learn more today.

SP

Stacyp, this is freakin awesome news! So glad this ended well for you. Hope it ends really, really badly for the POS that took your stuff!

So, if He was ion possession of the NFA items, does that mean it's a federal rap for the turd? If so, You think that will get Him even more time, since they do 100% of federal time? Something to consider.

So, if He was ion possession of the NFA items, does that mean it's a federal rap for the turd? If so, You think that will get Him even more time, since they do 100% of federal time? Something to consider.

Mac,
I dont know. I was told this morning that the whole bust started out as a drug sting and since has grown into other areas such as my items from a robbery case in a different town. I dont even think they looked at what the SBR and Suppressor are. THere was a Hide Member who is an officer in that department who contacted me. He said they found guns and think they may be mine. I think the tonnage of dope found may have been the bigger prize in this case so the NFA items are just other stuff. Im sure that if the member hadnt known my rifles were stolen and he hadnt known about the bust and weapons found, I may not be getting them back as soon. Im sure they would have processed them and it would eventually ring a bell. I am thankful for a community of people who look out for this type stuff and was able to communicate with me. Im headed over to the PD to pich them up after lunch today.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scooty Puff Sr.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stacyp, this is freakin awesome news! So glad this ended well for you. Hope it ends really, really badly for the POS that took your stuff! </div></div>

Thanks Brother. Feels good to be able to get back your stuff but feels a lot better to know the 2 NFA items are safe and not on the street.
Makes me paranoid about security every breath of the day.

stacyp, wonderful news and congratulations. Do you have any idea when you'll get the items back in your possession? I'd hate to think you'd have to wait until after the trial for that to happen.

That's awesome your things were found so quickly and that the suspect was arrested so quickly. That strikes me as one hell of a lucky break. I'm sure your things will be in evidence for some time, but better a police locker than some druggie or criminal buyer.

EDIT: Just noticed you're picking up your things today. That's outstanding!

I guess we all owe Frank a thank You for the Hide. The forum sure came through on this.

I got em today!!!!! Safe and sound at home. No damage and nothing missing except the bikini on the Aimpoint. I can sure live with that. This wasn't evidence in the case. This was a narcotics case and these were found within the residence where the bust went down.
I am very lucky and thankful to have a network of people to spread the word. Thanks a lot to everyone.

SP

Awesome news! Just surprised he didn't also get nailed for stealing the property (especially by the feds).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Yasherka</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awesome news! Just surprised he didn't also get nailed for stealing the property (especially by the feds). </div></div>

I asked about the Fed's being involved. Basically there is nothing in it for them. No big gun trafficking going on here.I understand this is small on the big scale and there was no big fish to be caught here. At this point I just hope it backtracks to the little bastard who came in my house.
I think there is a misconception about how NFA items are really delt with. It takes a mass of approvals and paperwork along with now a 6 month wait to get it approved. When mine were stolen I was worried that the ATF would have a shit fit and bells would ring and flashing lights would go off. Quite the opposite. They said fax in a copy of the police report and a description of the details with a list of items stolen. I did so. Same when I called yesterday to tell them I had the items back. Just fax a letter telling them I had them back. No big deal.
Im happy as a clam to have my stuff back.

SP

Definitely good news.
smile.gif

Happy ending...
Yours is the exception not the rule.
Very lucky. Glad to hear it worked out for you.

Lucky SOB. I'm happy for you. Hope the scumbag(s) get theirs.
Makes us all rethink our home security.
We all get lazy and leave a rifle on the work bench when you are cleaning it or working on it for a few days. Better to put it in the safe EVERY TIME

I didn't know I had OCD until this happened. Now I'm checking locks, windows, doors and everything else numerous times a day.
I no longer leave anything out. No matter how long I'm going to be away from the house.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stacyp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I didn't know I had OCD until this happened. Now I'm checking locks, windows, doors and everything else numerous times a day.
I no longer leave anything out. No matter how long I'm going to be away from the house.
</div></div>

A little undiagnosed OCD goes a long way when properly channeled. Don't ask me how I know :)

Words cannot express how grateful I am that this worked out for you. I have two friends that had items stolen and recovered at the crime scenes.

One was NFA, and used in a crime. He MAY get it back after the trial.

The other was a 1911, and is extremely likely a murder weapon committed by the thief. Cops keep those FOR.EV.ER

Very glad yours were returnable.