• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stolen Remington 700 U.S Marked G# Receiver

baker72

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2007
Concord ca
Hi guys, it was suggested i post this here its also over in the pit so i do hope this is the correct section for this post.
Unfortunately I had my u.s roll marked ser # G7008498 Remington 700 receiver stolen 4 weeks ago.
I've filed a police report with my local PD , This receiver was at a gun smiths for usmc A5 build , i had recently decided to stop this build due to funds being tight, im off work due to a knee replacement, the gunsmith sent back my A5 parts in one box, the barrel in one box and my receiver in one box🤷🏻‍♂️ i thought this was very odd but ok, all my parts except the receiver made it, the A5 parts in one box the barrel in another made it. The box that supposely held my receiver made it to my post local office open,
maybe the box wasn't sealed correctly I don't know , my regular Mail man who is a great guy said the box didnt have any extra tape on it, if lose packed it could of busted the usps seal there was no wrapping etc just a empty box that arrived at the main po. my mail man reported it immediately to his supervisor, they sent it back to sender & notified the po lost and found, so it might show up. if anyone comes across it would appreciate them reporting it to me , from what i learnt i cant report it to atf directly but my local pd with whom i filed the stolen firearm report will , i know its a long shot but you never know.

thanks all for reading this.
Cheers
Will

Attachments

• 025F0B70-4DF2-4CEC-9B3A-2D04FD42ABFB.jpeg
    025F0B70-4DF2-4CEC-9B3A-2D04FD42ABFB.jpeg
    378.2 KB · Views: 227
  • Wow
Reactions: Baron23
Gents im trying to get a rough idea of G serial number reciver with a U.S roll markings and bolt , trying to be fair on price to be reimbursed by the gunsmith, though i really would rather have my receiver back. so now I'm on the hunt for a new receiver for an M40A5 build, thanks again guys for any input, ive been searching all the auction site and gun forums seeing if she pops up for sale.

Spooledup, I only received the tracking number via text from usps , they don't show the weight etc

Gents im trying to get a rough idea of G serial number reciver with a U.S roll markings and bolt , trying to be fair on price to be reimbursed by the gunsmith, though i really would rather have my receiver back. so now I'm on the hunt for a new receiver for an M40A5 build, thanks again guys for any input, ive been searching all the auction site and gun forums seeing if she pops up for sale.
Since the gunsmith was apparently too lazy to properly pack your receiver, I'm guessing he was also too lazy to insure it...

Hey baker if your curious go to you local post office with the box you have and see if the shipping price is the same as the gunsmith price printed on the box. That will Atleast tell you if the box was full or empty. But I guess that only works if he used a priority box vs a flat weight box. They weigh every priority box at my post office and charge off weight and destination.

Reactions: baker72
Ask at the P.O. They usually have a shipping weight attached to the tracking number even though you don't have access to it.

According to the other thread the gunsmith was twomanattack. If you don't know about him look up this thread.

No he isnt , he is refusing to even speak to me , he is claiming that because I reported that my mail man said the box had no extra tape on it that this was some sort of sin on my end 😳🤷🏻‍♂️🤨 . His last text to me went off on how he will fight this claim at the right time and so on and so forth and bs plus more bs.
I was being cool about it all , i didnt post everything that happened on here, I will now. When i first contacted him about the lost/ stolen receiver he said please dont report it stolen , i said wtf dude i have to file a police report its felony now if i dont, he then asked me to tell the cops that i had mailed this box to myself😳 again wtf that makes no sense? I said no way, he was in a bit of panic and said he didnt ship it with a ffl in the box, i said sorry and reported it stolen with my local pd. I was also not going to talk about the M40A1 that he built for me that shipped without the box mag installed even though i provided one , plus some other issues, when i brought that up to him he ask me to send the rifle back for a refund, this was right about the time the receiver was lost / stolen, though after the way he acted no way was i sending anything back to him, instead ive sent her to Mark i think he is raven 6 on here, he went through the rifle and found alot wrong with her, he is correcting all the issues.

Im just going to move on with my life, this guy is a pos and soooner or later he will get whats coming, he will rip the wrong person off , sure im out what $800 for the G ser receiver im not happy about it, I value my time and sanity, he is completely irrational so trying to get 800 bucks back from this pile o crap is not worth it , plus Mark is really doing me soild and the cost of the fix is very reasonable indeed. Once i find a new receiver Mark will do my A5 build & thats a plus to me. So some good has come out of this. i will be posting this info on cal guns as that the site i found him on , i think its only right to warn those guys ,

Again thank you to everyone on this site, ive received a ton of support which again is worth more to me than money, thanks Lads

Cheers

Will

Last edited:
I'm just curious why a G prefix is U.S. stamped like that.
I mean any receiver for a A5 will do i liked the G ser number i dont know why really alot of them had serial number G700#### i know that a odd reson to like a receiver 700 on a 700 🤔🤣 no I'm revealing to much about my odd love of numbers

Guys I hate to be like a broken record on this. But get it ot there that the guy is a crook. He keeps screwing people over and getting away with it.

Reactions: RTH1800
This guy will continue to rip people off and people will continue to line up to get ripped off…

I mean any receiver for a A5 will do i liked the G ser number i dont know why really alot of them had serial number G700#### i know that a odd reson to like a receiver 700 on a 700 🤔🤣 no I'm revealing to much about my odd love of numbers
My point is, I am of the belief that is a reproduction marking and has no bearing on the value. So a G prefix, although a little challenging to find, would be in the $500 range.

@baker72, when you originally sent him the receiver did he have a copy of an FFL for you or did he just tell you to send it to an address? Curious to know if he even has an FFL at all, that would definitely explain why he wouldn't want any government agencies notified that this receiver was stolen.
Yep he just had me sent it to him

My point is, I am of the belief that is a reproduction marking and has no bearing on the value. So a G prefix, although a little challenging to find, would be in the $500 range.
you mean the u.s marking yeah i had no illusions that it was real, yes JRB572 he is a pos crook 100 percent. The more we post about it the more chances of it helping someone not get involved with Hogs den aka twomanattack aka Chris Jamie is a untrustworthy person that will rip you off do not get involved with him .

Somehow he has 100% positive feedback on eBay for hundreds of transactions. Might be purchases?
Yet we all know what he is. No disputing that.

He doesn’t have an FFL. He ships guns / parts all over the country without one.
Chris Jaime aka TMA aka Hogs Den is crooked piece of shit and needs his knee caps broke

Last edited:
When i first contacted him about the lost/ stolen receiver he said please dont report it stolen , i said wtf dude i have to file a police report its felony now if i dont, he then asked me to tell the cops that i had mailed this box to myself😳 again wtf that makes no sense? I said no way, he was in a bit of panic and said he didnt ship it with a ffl in the box, i said sorry and reported it stolen with my local pd. I was also not going to talk about the M40A1 that he built for me that shipped without the box mag installed even though i provided one , plus some other issues, when i brought that up to him he ask me to send the rifle back for a refund, this was right about the time the receiver was lost / stolen, though after the way he acted no way was i sending anything back

As I read this, my thoughts are that he sold your receiver and there may be a paper trail on that s/n. Maybe he figured you didn't have the s/n and he could simply defraud usps to satisfy you.

Last edited:
Just a thought.
We all read so much about this scumbag.
Anyway someone could post a picture?

Did you explain to the Post Office clerks what is missing?

Did you, or did they, contact the Postal Inspectors?

Reactions: RTH1800
Tough spot to be in, but a spot he put himself in. Not piling on, not trying to be a dick, but this is the spot, the only way to officially complain in this situation is to admit to committing a crime. (unless you happen to be in the same state)