• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

STOLEN RIFLE ALERT!

That not good. Sorry to hear they are doing that to you.
Make a note that explains that ya'll had no idea that it was stolen and apologize for any inconvenience, then mention you asked GunBroker to cancel/end the auction and they refused. That clearly puts the onus on them. The truth can work wonders.

Our store is located in Bedford, TX which is just east/northeast of Fort Worth.

We appreciate the support (y)

I'm replying on behalf of the company, so to avoid an HR meeting Monday morning I'm keeping it G rated ;)

Why did you keep that store open when you built the new one in Grapevine?

Tough to say with Gunbroker. Folks here could bid it up into the millions, make it go viral and draw lots of views to your other sales. Down side of that is Gunbroker software might auto whack your credit card for their percentage of the millions and bring business to a screeching halt.

• Wow
Reactions: Maggot
Good morning everybody,

A few of you guys were kind enough to message us through Gunbroker and make us aware of situation. Unfortunately we were not aware this firearm was stolen when we purchased it from a "customer."

As soon as we got to the office we got in touch with Highland Park PD, and soon as our doors opened we were greeted by a detective with the department. We were able to forfeit the firearm in question over to them along with all helpful information we were able to gather. Hopefully the guilty parties are brought to justice.

The rifle is in law enforcement's hands and on the way to the rightful owner.

I'd like to personally thank everyone here for keeping an eye out in the community for situations like this and helping us make a wrong situation right.
i would like to ask the question, how much are you guys holding the bag for on this?

i appreciate a shop that does what it can to get a stolen firearm back to the rightful owner. i'd hate to see that shop take it in the ass for doing what is right.

Reactions: Bender and lash
Why did you keep that store open when you built the new one in Grapevine?

We initially closed this location to push business to our range in Grapevine, but then reopened this location to help facilitate an outdoor retail venture we experimented with. Once COVID hit and demand for firearms went up, along with a loyal, local customer base who wanted us to reopen, we decided to revert the Bedford location back to a firearm retail store.

i would like to ask the question, how much are you guys holding the bag for on this?

i appreciate a shop that does what it can to get a stolen firearm back to the rightful owner. i'd hate to see that shop take it in the ass for doing what is right.

I won't disclose the amount due to not knowing how much I can say about the ongoing investigation, but I will say we are more concerned with getting a firearm back to its rightful owner than rather than the losses involved.

Thanks for calling it in and I'm sorry you guys took a hit in the process. It's so rare these are actually recovered it's great to see a happy conclusion to a shit story.

They found it already.
Yeah, I made my comment without reading any other comments, so I didn't know. Super glad it was recovered though.

Branden

Glad you got the rifle back, now I’m gonna slightly side track. The atf, Leo, any of them don’t give two shits about stolen guns, if they did, they would have a public searchable database or at the very minimum, one that an ffl can search. As an ffl we use hotgunz when we trade for any firearm. That only works if the owner or someone put the serial number into it.
A friend had 3 guns stolen about 3-4 years ago, one had a suppressor on it, filed a report with all serial numbers. Fast forward to about 6 months ago, and I’ll be damned if one don’t walk into my store with a crackhead trying to sell it, fucking suppressor and all! Got all the guys info, then proceeded to let him know that this gun would not be leaving our shop, and he would not be receiving any money.
Called a deputy,he came up and ran the numbers through ncic and guess what? The gun came back clean, the dumbfuck cop that took the report never put any of the serial numbers in there. Hotgunz was the only place them serial numbers showed stolen for the last 4 years. So if y’all have any gun stolen or think something is stolen, check HOTGUNZ!!!!! It’s about the only thing is plebes got.

I was under the impression that if I wanted to buy a gun from an individual locally I could call the police and they could verify if the gun was stolen.

Based on the above it sounds like I am wrong.

I was under the impression that if I wanted to buy a gun from an individual locally I could call the police and they could verify if the gun was stolen.

Based on the above it sounds like I am wrong.
Good luck… departments are so understaffed that they won’t run anything. And most of the database programs now require generating an incident (aka paperwork aka paper trail) to look up anything.

Add to that, a tragically high number of department leaders are so anti 2a that they would rather you buy the stolen gun so they can arrest you, confiscate your collection and put you in jail…

Sad, but true.

Sirhr

Looks damn near exact….
9B6A2535-D0C7-4747-98B8-E12CB020EF5B.jpeg
FBE7E85A-DEF9-4F60-A4BD-58D7086E75FB.jpeg

38 snub nose.. easy carry for an officer or a toss gun.. who knows
I don’t think that would be the smartest to plant a gun that’s last known location was evidence locker

But these days nothing would probably happen to them

Glad you got the rifle back, now I’m gonna slightly side track. The atf, Leo, any of them don’t give two shits about stolen guns, if they did, they would have a public searchable database or at the very minimum, one that an ffl can search. As an ffl we use hotgunz when we trade for any firearm. That only works if the owner or someone put the serial number into it.
A friend had 3 guns stolen about 3-4 years ago, one had a suppressor on it, filed a report with all serial numbers. Fast forward to about 6 months ago, and I’ll be damned if one don’t walk into my store with a crackhead trying to sell it, fucking suppressor and all! Got all the guys info, then proceeded to let him know that this gun would not be leaving our shop, and he would not be receiving any money.
Called a deputy,he came up and ran the numbers through ncic and guess what? The gun came back clean, the dumbfuck cop that took the report never put any of the serial numbers in there. Hotgunz was the only place them serial numbers showed stolen for the last 4 years. So if y’all have any gun stolen or think something is stolen, check HOTGUNZ!!!!! It’s about the only thing is plebes got.

In order to enter something into CJIS you have to follow certain protocols for dates and data that are not the norm.

It causes the lazy to get frustrated and they just give up and fail at their jobs.

Reactions: Bender and Skunk
Typical

Reactions: Bender
In order to enter something into CJIS you have to follow certain protocols for dates and data that are not the norm.

It causes the lazy to get frustrated and they just give up and fail at their jobs.

One other interesting point........

Few supervisors actually check if a "Stolen" report was entered. They just assume it's being done. The first run and alert after entry better be by the ID number that made the entry checking to see if it was done right and supervisors should check that receipt is included with the filed report.....too much work though.

Supervisors do check if "Crime Gun" reports are made though because it has implications outside of law enforcement useful for other agendas.

The "Crime Gun" report came about some 4-5 years ago.

Basically it requires any gun that comes along to the police be reported to create a statistic.

In my mind it was a way to bloat the "gun crime" reporting.

There is no real differentiation for a gun involved in a process crime verses one involved in a murder.

Likely when the PD picks up this rifle a "Crime Gun" report will be entered and that stat will be touted by the news as just one of the alarming number of "Crime Guns" the perhaps unbiased but being used as a tool police has created.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bender and BurtG
@pmclaine

Were you guys doing your own NIBIN testing?

Yep.

Everything I sent in had a NIBIN request. Guys trained in it were a classmate and former barracks coworker. Firearms ID had an attraction for me to consider but their hours were 0800-1600 or something other than 0700-1530. Itwould have meant the ride to the gun club after work was the reverse of home rather than on the way home. I didn't want to give up my range time.....silly how time can make the importance of things change.

I was contraband officer in addition to patrol for ten plus years.

I either had co-workers fix their lapses or did it myself when I noticed they missed something.

Reactions: Bender and Skunk
Just for those people that don’t understand, those camo patterns are 100% random and hand laid by Chad‘s Gal. I don’t know if she still does them but back then she definitely did. Years ago Chad and I were talking about figuring out how to get a computer program to randomize the pattern and make it seamless in digital form for other products. That camo pattern is literally better than a finger print.

Reactions: NoDopes
Status update:

The rifle has been recovered.

The part I find odd/curious:

As told to me, the shop paid $1,000 for the rifle from the person who sold it. He had apparently negotiated the sale w/o the optic.

I was notified of the GB listing late Friday night. The bidding was around $300 on G/B. By lunchtime Saturday it had gone to just over $15,000.00.

So my question: If I'm a shop owner and deal in used guns, if someone walks in with a premium piece a I low ball them only to watch the price skyrocket in less than 24hrs after posting it on an auction site, shouldn't that raise a flag or two?

Something smells...

The person that owns this thing is a great person. So glad he found it. (He was the one that found it online)

Last edited:
Reactions: JIMB3AM and Bender
Just for those people that don’t understand, those camo patterns are 100% random and hand laid by Chad‘s Gal. I don’t know if she still does them but back then she definitely did. Years ago Chad and I were talking about figuring out how to get a computer program to randomize the pattern and make it seamless in digital form for other products. That camo pattern is literally better than a finger print.

Kalli does all the artwork layup on the stuff we paint. Its her baby. I learned long ago to stay the hell out of her way.
😁

Kalli does all the artwork layup on the stuff we paint. Its her baby. I learned long ago to stay the hell out of her way.

Status update:

As told to me, the shop paid $1,000 for the rifle from the person who sold it. He had apparently negotiated the sale w/o the optic.

I was notified of the GB listing late Friday night. The bidding was around $300 on G/B. By lunchtime Saturday it had gone to just over $15,000.00.

So my question: If I'm a shop owner and deal in used guns, if someone walks in with a premium piece a I low ball them only to watch the price skyrocket in less than 24hrs after posting it on an auction site, shouldn't that raise a flag or two?

Something smells...

The person that owns this thing is a great person. So glad he found it. (He was the one that found it online)
@LongRifles Inc. The price and the way it escalated on Gunbroker means your rifle builds are highly prized! Maybe you need to reevaluate prices. 🤣🤣😖

• Haha
Reactions: Bender and Anb618
I was curious if this was painted or a hydro dip which would explain the exact patterns and wording! No doubt that’s the rifle in question.

Status update:

Something smells...

The site runs Penny auctions (start at one cent and they can go sky high.)

The gun was only at about $1,000 when it was 'flagged' here on Snipers Hide.

Immediately, the gun went through the roof... but I think that was from some folks here on SH 'having some fun' throwing in bids to make the rifle go crazy. Knowing that they could bid 100K and never have to pay it.

The auction didn't take off until this thread started.

So I don't think anything smells bad WRT the store owner. Who joined SH JUST to thank folks and let us know that the rifle was off the market, a detective was involved and that the owner will be getting it back. Looks to me like a shop owner who was pretty good about the whole thing.

What smells is that some sierra bravo out there (or several) still probably aren't behind bars. And traded a rifle for a few rocks or a bag of meth. And probably will never get tracked down.

Anyhoo... that's what appeared to have happened.

Sirhr

Status update:

Something smells...

In your opinion, everyone. In just looking at this picture would you say there was a scope mounted on the gun in this case or not? I don't have a cool gun case like this so I'm just asking.
1677445671932.png

Status update:

Something smells...

This was my first thought. Someone sells me an expensive gun for pennies.....they know whats up!

Can we see the video where the guy brings gun in without scope. Let me guess, first gun shop without video?

You own a gun store so you're supposed to know the market value of every small maker out there?
(no offense to LRI, but they're Ruger, Browning etc etc :) )

I've sold guns that went for double and triple what I expected. I didn't think "Cancel the auction, I don't want that much money!" :D

You own a gun store so you're supposed to know the market value of every small maker out there?
(no offense to LRI, but they're Ruger, Browning etc etc :) )

I've sold guns that went for double and triple what I expected. I didn't think "Cancel the auction, I don't want that much money!" :D
The on.y reason it went so hi is because it was posted on here and we all ran up the bid because we know it was stolen

Status update:

Something smells...

It's a 6.5 wsm. The market for that caliber is not very big. I would have low balled the seller like I was Rick on Pawn Stars.
The person that took it from the truck probably sold it at a gun show in the parking lot. That guy probably got it for a couple hundred dollars thinking that the scope is worth that. Then he found out that buying 6.5 wsm is like finding a unicorn so he kept the scope and traded the rifle for something else. The third party probably made the deal with the Shop that put it on GB.
Nothing fishy. Like was said. The SH boys were bidding it up for fun

Reactions: schmi015