• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stone Glacier Gear

Can you show me how or where all these KUIU frames are breaking? I’ve got one that’s seen 60-80# a couple days a week for 4 years. No problems with it.
Funny thing, all of the forums where KUIU packs are regularly discussed are sponsored by KUIU and the broken pack threads get deleted right away. I don't have any pictures of the one I broke years ago. Mine broke at the upright ears where the load lifters attach, it's the most common failure point. KUIU customer service politely told me to shove the lifetime warranty up my ass.

USA gear from reputable manufacturers from here on out for me. If you don't think there's a difference in quality between a $450 Vietnam pack and a $750 American pack then I don't know what to say.

Yeah I’m sure the product has failed before but I am with you above. I’ve hauled numerous Elk quarters out. Sometimes with so much I can barely walk and usually need help to sit up.

Truth be told even if the pack stay broke at some point I’d rather have the hip system over that keeps the hind plus a shoulder on my hips.

I like my Stone glacier but I like my Kuiu too -

@WeiserBucks - So apparently the packet itself from whatever country it’s from, didn’t fail. You are pissed the carbon from rocket industries, created in California USA, failed.

All I’m trying to do is put things in perspective. Everything fails, everything breaks. If the customer service is your bitch and that’s what it should be, if it’s that it’s made in the USA and it’s somehow always better then that doesn’t hold up in your argument.

Edited to add Too many IPAs after a day on the snow covered range. Not sure my post made any sense since I’m just blabbering into Siri.

Last edited:
Reactions: WeiserBucks
Yeah I’m sure the product has failed before but I am with you above. I’ve hauled numerous Elk quarters out. Sometimes with so much I can barely walk and usually need help to sit up.

Truth be told even if the pack stay broke at some point I’d rather have the hip system over that keeps the hind plus a shoulder on my hips.

I like my Stone glacier but I like my Kuiu too -

@WeiserBucks - So apparently the packet itself from whatever country it’s from, didn’t fail. You are pissed the carbon from rocket industries, created in

California USA failed.

All I’m trying to do is put things in perspective. Everything fails everything breaks. If the customer service is your bitch and that’s what it should be if it’s it it’s made in the USA and it’s somehow always better than that doesn’t hold up in your argument.

Edited to add Too many IPAs after a day on the snow covered range. Not sure my post made any sense since I’m just blabbering into Siri.
You're good friend, my #1 bitch is when a lifetime warranty product isn't warrantied in a reasonable manner. My shit broke and they told me to get fucked, wouldn't even consider repairing it even on my dollar.

Other companies care about their end users and warranty broken shit. Have you ever tried to call KUIU on the side of a mountain on a sat phone after hours? I've called Aron w/Kifaru under those circumstances and he picked up the phone and got me taken care of. A phone call can't fix broken shit like magic, but it could get you through an issue you're having or get you the shit you need before you set out on the next trip.

Reactions: Diver160651
I also use Kifaru stuff. Their Gun bearer (sp) is the best product ever - I even use the clip on my bino harnes for my bow.

I’d agree - Kifaru is in another league when it comes to durability