• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk Stone Glacier Kiowa 3200 vs Kifaru Equivalent

Misfit_

The Crimson Ghost
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2019
Looking for a backpack for PRS matches. I'm a stuffer type person as much as I'd like to say I'm organized, lets be honest here I'm a disaster.

Needing opinions on what everyone is using or they have hands on experience with the Stone Glacier or whatever Kifaru's options would be.

I've been using Kifaru for years, one of their discontinued tactical models.

Fehu outdoors has a pack I'm looking to try when it ships. Seems like its kinda purpose built for better organization but much smaller than say, the 3200. I only shoot field matches, not PRS, so I'm not carrying that much stuff.

Reactions: Misfit_
my next pack for matches(and also hunting) will be a Kifaru hellbender without doubt

I went ahead and bought the SG since i found one in stock and i need it by next weekend. I'll fill you in on how it pans out. I'll probably still end up buying a Kifaru at some point maybe once i figure out a little more of what i like and dont like.

the 357 Mag looks like a freaking tank of a bag was kinda eyeing that one.

I use the 22 mag and really like it. Perfect size for me, though some may want larger.

One downside to packs like the 22 mag is that it requires a frame, which really ups the expense. Not a problem if you already have a frame or a frame is what you want, but something to keep in mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: b6graham
I run the Kifaru 14'r (which was recently discontinued) and it's perfect for PRS matches. Zero reason to go any larger.

My buddy has the Shape Charge and it would certainly be on my radar if I was looking for a new pack, although it is slightly smaller than the 14'r.