• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Stopping a Tank by yourself

Most low tech is to dig a tank trench/pit/trap whatever you want to call it.

But thats labor intensive and one by itself will rarely work unless you get lucky and the tank finds it.

Or put your dick on the driver view port.

Either way.

Last edited:
I was in a tank unit but not a tanker but it seems like the tracks coming off the M60 was a thing. Mud, wire, etc. I dont think a car smashing into the tracks would do it much good. Just watch out for the other tanks lighting you up while you try to escape.

Dude had bigger balls than me

Interesting just watched the video... coax obviously incapacitated haha....

Not sure that was just a grenade but wouldn't play out that way on a modern tank as I'm pretty sure the breach is closed at all times except when actively loading. Also that secondary explosion I think would be highly unlikely as the magazines are behind blast doors on modern tanks

Tell the crew they can not operate without a mask and they must quarantine......that will shut them down.

Sneak into perimeter while crews are sleeping.

Take apart digital control compartments on the tanks.

Install QR code readers that mandate all crewmembers to scan and show record of latest COVID booster shots before the vehicle can be started. If even one crewmember is behind on shots, no start.

Put compartment lids back on.

Exfil into the night...
smiley_smartass.gif

Interesting just watched the video... coax obviously incapacitated haha....

Not sure that was just a grenade but wouldn't play out that way on a modern tank as I'm pretty sure the breach is closed at all times except when actively loading. Also that secondary explosion I think would be highly unlikely as the magazines are behind blast doors on modern tanks
What I think what happened was that the first grande set off the round in the barrel they then opened the breach to see what happened then the second one blew up while the breach was open

Had a M113 at Fort Riley that wouldn't shut off and started to turn out high RPM's. We just hit it with a short blast from a fire extinguisher into the air intake and that motor was toast. I'm not familiar with the M60 but, if you can get close enough to the air intake with a fire extinguisher you will disable the vehicle.

Had a M113 at Fort Riley that wouldn't shut off and started to turn out high RPM's. We just hit it with a short blast from a fire extinguisher into the air intake and that motor was toast. I'm not familiar with the M60 but, if you can get close enough to the air intake with a fire extinguisher you will disable the vehicle.
What engine was in it? Detroit?

6 cylinder Detroit. These power packs suck huge volumes of air.
We had a 6-71 Detroit run away from us. The injector rack got stuck at full throttle. The emergency shut down cable broke. The shop foreman slammed a phone book on top of the intake duct. I know why they are nicknamed screaming Jimmy's.

Reactions: camocorvette
Most low tech is to dig a tank trench/pit/trap whatever you want to call it.

But thats labor intensive and one by itself will rarely work unless you get lucky and the tank finds it.

Or put your dick on the driver view port.

Either way.

Molotov cocktails on top the of the engine area. Especially with older tanks… drips into the engine and sets it in fire.

In general, the deck areas are always lightly armored by companison… so attack from above can be highly effective with LATW. (I think this is why you see a shit ton of reactive plates in older Soviet models).

Last edited:
Just show any one of these images to the enemy and their armored assets will stop dead in their tracks.

iu
iu
iu

iu
iu
Whoopifeature-r.s..jpg
iu
iu
iu
iu

• Haha
Reactions: GBMaryland
Just like everything else... post a no tank sign.... that way they are not allowed there...

There are numerous ways to stop a tank in urban warfare...and by stop, I mean just that...remove its ability to maneuver. In military parlance, this is called a "mobility kill". In my day, this was the "bread and butter" of Special Forces...teaching guerillas insurgency and guerilla warfare. Without infantry support, tanks are easy targets, especially in urban environments where there are numerous places to hide. The easiest method is to take pieces of water pipe and throw them between the road wheels. This will cause the tank to throw a track. Rolls of concertina wire pulled across a tanks path, like the police do with spike strips, will also foul the track and cause a mobility kill.

Not a tank, but you get the idea.

View attachment 7240975

Finally somebody worth listening to..........