• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Straight triggers?

adluginb

#1 dad
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2010
Oklahoma
Does anyone use a straight trigger for any of their rifles? Like the Timney straight trigger. Just wondering what they are really for and their use.

Thanks

Re: Straight triggers?

i am putting flat triggers in 2 new AR builds and both my 1911's. flat triggers are nice because you have the same trigger pull no matter where you place your finger. i like em. i was sold the first time i shot a 1911 with a flat trigger, they look kinda strange but work awesome. especially shooting with gloves

Just tried a Timney today. I was pleasantly surprised.
Honestly I was just on their site trying to talk myself into justifying the purchase of one, but I couldn't (I have a Jewell HVR on one 700 snd a GAP-worked Remington on the other).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just tried a Timney today. I was pleasantly surprised.
Honestly I was just on their site trying to talk myself into justifying the purchase of one, but I couldn't (I have a Jewell HVR on one 700 snd a GAP-worked Remington on the other).

</div></div>

Are the Jewell HVR's worlds apart from the Timneys?

Different feels, and I haven't spent much time behind a Timney. I was helping LHGina get her USO sighted in, so I was shooting it support side-not really fair to compare my left hand to my usual feel...

Im torn between the two right now. I agree with what Joe said but I find that the rounded fits quicker to my finger. Less thought involved.

Im sure this is just due to memory and can be overcome. You use a rounded trigger so much you get use to it.

I will be going with a flat next to give it a run.

Actually what I thought was really slick with the flat Timney was that with a flatter trigger guard like a Badger, when shooting from akward non-standard positions you can slide your finger along the bottom of the trigger guard to "find" the trigger blade, and then you don't have to move finger up to the curve.

While a bit odd looking at first, a straight trigger will grow on you once tried.

I have a flat trigger from KIDD. I have found that it feels better on pistol grip and thumb hole stocks. But like most things I think it is an individual preference.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually what I thought was really slick with the flat Timney was that with a flatter trigger guard like a Badger, when shooting from akward non-standard positions you can slide your finger along the bottom of the trigger guard to "find" the trigger blade, and then you don't have to move finger up to the curve. </div></div>

Mmmmm... I have a timney coming in shortly for my 700... Im a little concerned that the wide shoe will be an issue. I have little room to move my index finger around due to my AICS and modified bolt knob.

Will have to check out the badger

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually what I thought was really slick with the flat Timney was that with a flatter trigger guard like a Badger, when shooting from akward non-standard positions you can slide your finger along the bottom of the trigger guard to "find" the trigger blade, and then you don't have to move finger up to the curve. </div></div>

Mmmmm... I have a timney coming in shortly for my 700... Im a little concerned that the wide shoe will be an issue. I have little room to move my index finger around due to my AICS and modified bolt knob.

Will have to check out the badger </div></div>

Badger is reference to the bottom metal, not the trigger.
A Timney should fit fine in your AICS, and if you little clearance becausew of the knob the straight trigger blade not curving forward should allow you more room, not less.

The reference to it being a wider trigger blade is only in contrast to my Jewell. Jewell's have extremely narrow trigger blades......

i got a couple of the Giess w/flat triggers for AR's cause my hands are large and the tiny bit of extra "reach" is

I have the Kidd straight trigger for my 10/22 and I love it. I plan on getting a straight trigger for my AR also.