• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

strange range rules

Love that name, "Hollywood Tactical". Who is the golf pro there?

Reactions: lash
Yeah, but membership not required to shoot a match. It looks like it’s worth a small trip to shoot a 1 day match there. I know a couple guys from our club have done so and liked it.

Reactions: Queequeg
Im a member at Oak Ridge Sportsmans Association (ORSA) they may be even worse that what you guys are talking about. I have emailed the long range guy about 4 times and called him once. I finally got an email the other day from him that says" long range is done for the year, i'll get back with you when we start back" it has taken 5 months just to get this. I can't even figure out what is required to even shoot at the 1000 yard range. There is about 5 or 6 members (out of approx. 3000) that regularly use it. Apparently if you can use the 1000 yard range it is approved paper targets ONLY. No steel, even if you bring your own.

I even went to a F class match to try to get some information and couldn't even get an answer there. Which led me realize they don't want new people shooting there. I gave up. The good ol boy attitude is just too much. I have no doubt that about any PRS shooter could out shoot any of those old farts any day. Im a member at K&M which is a 5 hour drive. I'll just go there. It's a shame too because ORSA is a beautiful facility and really could be a destination shooting park.

Im a member at Oak Ridge Sportsmans Association (ORSA) they may be even worse that what you guys are talking about. I have emailed the long range guy about 4 times and called him once. I finally got an email the other day from him that says" long range is done for the year, i'll get back with you when we start back" it has taken 5 months just to get this. I can't even figure out what is required to even shoot at the 1000 yard range. There is about 5 or 6 members (out of approx. 3000) that regularly use it. Apparently if you can use the 1000 yard range it is approved paper targets ONLY. No steel, even if you bring your own.

I even went to a F class match to try to get some information and couldn't even get an answer there. Which led me realize they don't want new people shooting there. I gave up. The good ol boy attitude is just too much. I have no doubt that about any PRS shooter could out shoot any of those old farts any day. Im a member at K&M which is a 5 hour drive. I'll just go there. It's a shame too because ORSA is a beautiful facility and really could be a destination shooting park.

I shot a 1,000 yare two day F-class match at Oak Ridge Sportsmans Association and was very impressed with how the match was run and quality of the high-power shooters there. Any one who has to build berms to shoot into would be envious of ORSA as you shoot into a large hill, locally probably considered a small mountain but spent too much time in the rockies to consider it mountain of any kind.

I need a MRC 108 for my CAP squadron. I don't like the radios the Air Force gives us. Yes, we still use HF.

They said Feb on their Facebook page. All the permits have been obtained as of s month or two ago.

I truly hope they hit the February date. I won't hold my breath though.

Hell, if running equipment for them would help, I'd be there every day

Reactions: McCrazy