• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Strelok pro

Superscott26

Private
Minuteman
Jul 8, 2022
USA
Hello,
Using Strelok Pro, I zeroed my rifle in @100yds. Ballistics charts says absolute bullet drop is 2.6 inches @ 100yds. Shouldn't it be 0 inches at that distance? Any help would be appreciated.

Reactions: Wolf47
Click on everything in green in that order to find the area to adjust 😉 Hope that helps
Screenshot_20220708-133719~2.png
Screenshot_20220708-133742~2.png
Screenshot_20220708-133733~2.png

"Absolute" drop is exactly that, the drop of the bullet at that distance given the other parameters you entered, it has nothing to do with where you are zeroed or holds.

In Strelok when in the chart section click the gear icon at the bottom and unselect that option if you don't want to see it.
Select "Show Elevation, MOA" or inches or clicks depending what you want to see.

I believe you have several things incorrect in your scope set-up. The scope you selected is: Leupold FX-II 2.5 x 28mm Scout Rifle Scope: 1/4 MOA click windage and elevation dials.

1) You changed the Vert./Hor. click from 0.25" clicks to 0.5" (ERROR).
2) You also selected SCOPE CLICK UNITS of inches a 100yards (SMOA). The Scout uses MOA, not SMOA (ERROR). MOA is 1.0472" at 100yards, SMOA (SHOOTER'S Minutes Of Angle) is 1.0". Not a major difference but still will cause you problems.
3) Look at the ballistic table (TABLE icon, far right), then turn off SHOW ABSOLUTE DROP, INCHES. Absolute Drop – regardless of zero distance, drop measured from bore-line at distances as if the rifle was fired perfectly level at 0°. Useful, but typically only used in INCLINED FIRE calculations.
4) What you should select is SHOW ELEVATION, MOA and SHOW ELEVATION, MOA.
5) There are some other options you can choose such as SHOW ELEV./WINDAGE, INCHES and in the HOME menu option (GEAR icon) SHOW CLICKS in 1 3/4 layout but I would stick with correcting #1 through #4 first.

I didn't go any further in research since the screen shots were limited and these issues are enough to cause you problems.

Reactions: iceng
"Absolute" drop is exactly that, the drop of the bullet at that distance given the other parameters you entered, it has nothing to do with where you are zeroed or holds.

In Strelok when in the chart section click the gear icon at the bottom and unselect that option if you don't want to see it.
Select "Show Elevation, MOA" or inches or clicks depending what you want to see.
Yes. A zeroed rifle still has a drop. Gravity always exists.

I believe you have several things incorrect in your scope set-up. The scope you selected is: Leupold FX-II 2.5 x 28mm Scout Rifle Scope: 1/4 MOA click windage and elevation dials.

1) You changed the Vert./Hor. click from 0.25" clicks to 0.5" (ERROR).
2) You also selected SCOPE CLICK UNITS of inches a 100yards (SMOA). The Scout uses MOA, not SMOA (ERROR). MOA is 1.0472" at 100yards, SMOA (SHOOTER'S Minutes Of Angle) is 1.0". Not a major difference but still will cause you problems.
3) Look at the ballistic table (TABLE icon, far right), then turn off SHOW ABSOLUTE DROP, INCHES. Absolute Drop – regardless of zero distance, drop measured from bore-line at distances as if the rifle was fired perfectly level at 0°. Useful, but typically only used in INCLINED FIRE calculations.
4) What you should select is SHOW ELEVATION, MOA and SHOW ELEVATION, MOA.
5) There are some other options you can choose such as SHOW ELEV./WINDAGE, INCHES and in the HOME menu option (GEAR icon) SHOW CLICKS in 1 3/4 layout but I would stick with correcting #1 through #4 first.

I didn't go any further in research since the screen shots were limited and these issues are enough to cause you problems.
That is my set up for a Camp Perry rifle with a totally different scope than the Leupold that I selected. I had to fudge the adjustments and options to make S.P. work for that rifle and scope combo.

I am not the O.P. I was just offering advice for him to check the zero settings. I believe 6.5sh has given him the information that he needs to correct his issue.

Kind Regards,

Jon

Reactions: 6.5SH
That is my set up for a Camp Perry rifle with a totally different scope than the Leupold that I selected. I had to fudge the adjustments and options to make S.P. work for that rifle and scope combo.

I am not the O.P. I was just offering advice for him to check the zero settings. I believe 6.5sh has given him the information that he needs to correct his issue.

Kind Regards,

Jon

Sorry, my bad. Senior moment.

Yes. A zeroed rifle still has a drop. Gravity always exists.
Dude. Rifle bullets dont work like that. You point at a target, yank the trigger and the bullet hits the target.

The whole "bullet drop" myth and "time of flight" thing is a joke we play on newbies. Havnt you played call-o-doody ?

I await my punishment.

• Love
Reactions: Seadweller23
Dude. Rifle bullets dont work like that. You point at a target, yank the trigger and the bullet hits the target.

The whole "bullet drop" myth and "time of flight" thing is a joke we play on newbies. Havnt you played call-o-doody ?

I await my punishment.
It's all in the wrist:

wanted-bullet.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Ensemble and iceng
You're confusing "absolute drop" with flight path above or below the line of sight. (Ordinate)
The bullet starts dropping from the bore line the moment it leaves the barrel regardless of the angle of departure.
The "ordinate" is the amount of vertical angle the bullet is set at via the angle of the barrel at bullet departure which is usually tracking on a relatively upward path for part of it's trajectory but, from the perspective of the angle of ordinate, the bullet drops down from the line of sight along the rifle bore, immediately it leaves the barrel.

Thank you. Have you tested Speed Drop Factor feature, are you satisfied?
Yes, thank you for a great product.
I've been using Strelock pro for 18 months maybe 2 years & prefer it over the others I've used.
It's so damn easy & fast when I want to adjust wind & such.
Yes, I have been tinkering with the "SDF" charts & I like it a lot.

Yes, thank you for a great product.
I've been using Strelock pro for 18 months maybe 2 years & prefer it over the others I've used.
It's so damn easy & fast when I want to adjust wind & such.
Yes, I have been tinkering with the "SDF" charts & I like it a lot.
Where is the SDF chart ?

Where is the SDF chart ?
It's 3/4 the way down the projectile data input screen.
So from the main "shoot data" screen where you see the the "calculate button, just tap on the rifle type box directly above the "calculate button then, tap on the projectile data box which comes up in the new page. Scroll down to where you see the "G1, G7 etc buttons & it's right above those. Tap that "speed drop factor button" & you'll see the chart/table for your projectile & velocity.

Where is the SDF chart ?
Screenshots and discussion on it towards the bottom of this thread:

So from the main "shoot data" screen where you see the the "calculate button, just tap on the rifle type box directly above the "calculate button then, tap on the projectile data box which comes up in the new page. Scroll down to where you see the "G1, G7 etc buttons & it's right above those. Tap that "speed drop factor button" & you'll see the chart/table for your projectile & velocity.
If you're not familiar with how DSF works with the scope, you have to (-)/ under your 100yrd/meter zero then use your reticle & match the distance with the reticle.
Once you've set the scope zero to say -1.4 mil, the ret should align with the distance numbers within the window the data allows for. So you should get say 334 meters = 3.3 mil & so on but, only within the drop scale factor & only at the medium ranges.

Yeah it’s not there on IOS ... or maybe I’m utterly retarded

Attachments

• C959E47F-FDCB-4BB2-A227-9091BE851F27.png
    C959E47F-FDCB-4BB2-A227-9091BE851F27.png
    311.3 KB · Views: 65
Well it’s obvious not on mine. That’s why I asked if is needs to be enabled somewhere or are there bullets profiles it’s not there.

Edit. Actually I found it on other bullet profiles but not for my 7SAW 162. Probably wasn’t meeting some kind of conditions.

Well it’s obvious not on mine. That’s why I asked if is needs to be enabled somewhere or are there bullets profiles it’s not there.

Edit. Actually I found it on other bullet profiles but not for my 7SAW 162. Probably wasn’t meeting some kind of conditions.
You probably have an MOA scope on that rifle profile.

Hello,
Using Strelok Pro, I zeroed my rifle in @100yds. Ballistics charts says absolute bullet drop is 2.6 inches @ 100yds. Shouldn't it be 0 inches at that distance? Any help would be appreciated.
"Absolute Drop" is the measurement in inches of the drop of the bullet from the time it leaves the muzzle. Period. It has nothing to do with where you zeroed the rifle, scope settings or any other mechanical aspect of your shooting other than you squeezed the trigger on a loaded rifle. Gravity instantly takes over the moment the bullet leaves the barrel.

Reactions: LastShot300
My explanation is "the bullet still drops via gravity, regardless of having a scope on the gun, or off".

Absolute Drop – regardless of zero distance, drop measured from bore-line at distances as if the rifle was fired perfectly level at 0°.

Strelok Pro Ballistic Charts - You want to turn on "Show Elevation," - inches, MOA, or MRAD.

I started out with the free version and quickly upgraded to Pro. Been using for several years now with no real problems, until recently. I cannot see the MRAD numbers any longer. The information is there it is just muted. I switched on the contrast color scheme but no help. All information went to white except MRAD which is almost blacked out. I figure it is something I did on my phone nut cannot for the life on me figure out what that is.
Phone is a Motorola Android if that makes any difference.
Any help would be appreciated.

I started out with the free version and quickly upgraded to Pro. Been using for several years now with no real problems, until recently. I cannot see the MRAD numbers any longer. The information is there it is just muted. I switched on the contrast color scheme but no help. All information went to white except MRAD which is almost blacked out. I figure it is something I did on my phone nut cannot for the life on me figure out what that is.
Phone is a Motorola Android if that makes any difference.
Any help would be appreciated.
Make long tap on MRAD digits

Thank you so much Igor. As others have said there are many hidden features to this app.
Thanks again.

So the US Govt is being retarded again.

@Igor Borisov(Strelok Pro) perhaps selling the .APK file via an online sale portal for digital downloads. Pay at the webstore, you get a digital download link ?

I've been a strelok pro user for years, and you have implemented multiple usable features, and even some of my ideas !

Hopefully it all works out for you, and us the users.

Regards,
An Australian user.

Attachments

• 1677546860068.jpg
    1677546860068.jpg
    351.7 KB · Views: 54
  • 1677546857094.jpg
    1677546857094.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 55