• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stricter Gun Backround Checks

Re: Stricter Gun Backround Checks

In 1934 nobody cared because we were going after the gangsters and folks had allot more to worry about
In 1968 nobody cared because who would believe the government would disarm the law abiding gun owner
In 1986 nobody cared because who needs a full auto Not a deer hunter Not a goose hunter Not A trap shooter
in 1989 nobody cared because who needs an assault rifle with a 30 round clip again Not a Hunter or trap shooter
In 1994 People Finally Started To Turn And Question The Motives of the gun banner
in 2013 What is the legacy we will leave to our children grand children and their children

I Can Not Stand By And Do Nothing If We Dont Get Involved In The Game And And Get Off The Sidelines
We Will Loose A Freedom That Is Very Near And Dear To Our Hearts

If Your Not A Member Of The NRA Sign Up Now

If Your Friends , Family and neighbors Are Not Members Sign Them Up

If They Cant Afford It , And you can , Pay It For Them .The Magnitude Of the numbers is our best tool

If Your A Dealer Sign up every buyer at your expense , Your way of life depends on it

If You cant write an objective editorial copy someone that can

If You read a good comment or editorial copy and submit it to your local paper

If you cant come up with the right words copy the words of some one that can or has

The Only Chance We Have Is To Band Together And Inspire A Grass Roots Effort

Write your Mayors State Representatives Congressman and Senators In A Well Articulated Objective manner

Again If you cant come up with the right words copy the words of some one that can or has has

If You Think This Information Is Useful please re-post it with my blessing on every forum you can think of
and make changes as you think may be appropriate for a given forum

This War Will Be Faught And Won By The Words We Use To Describe It

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ren</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ringbearer. Could you please put your correct location in your profile? Middle earth isnt really a good location. </div></div> Considering his position and comments it may well be where he resides. </div></div>

Have You & Maggot been dating long?

funny_asian_guys.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[ </div></div>

I was empathetic (though didn't agree) with your position until you said that. You're delusional if you don't think that an unarmed populace is the goal of this and many other governments. HISTORY tells us this is true, time and time again.

You really think this is because of Sandy Hook? Really? Again, one only need look to history to know how deadly wrong you are. [/quote]

-----------------------------------------

An unarmed populace is not possible. Look at the number of deer hunters in PA alone. Govt will never be able to take away guns. BUT they may very well be able to take away certin guns and accessories.

I think Sandy Point was the match in the gas can.
Yes there were many events before it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ringbearer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seems like this gun debate is taking on a whole new life of its own.

Would any of your guys be opposed to stricter background checks for gun purchases?? </div></div>

Sure... but only if it also comes with the full benefits of a FFL as well. Waiting period... no, what’s the purpose of the background check then anyway???

It has no purpose. It only penelizes good honest folks like you.

What it will do is appease an awakened sleep giant (Anti's) that wants something to be done about guns.

Just my opinion but I think that Govt is going to do something like this as a show of action to the anti gun public.

Will it have any value...NO

Will it punish good honest shootin folks...YES

Will it makes a rats ass to bad guys...NO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ringbearer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ren</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ringbearer. Could you please put your correct location in your profile? Middle earth isnt really a good location. </div></div> Considering his position and comments it may well be where he resides. </div></div>

</div></div>

Really? Instead of fixing your profile you reply with a garbage post? If you would like us to take you seriously, complete your profile.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ringbearer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the support.

I am not uninformed. I have been shooting since the mid 60s.
We were farmers. We always had guns and fully expected to.
I am not giving up any rights. I just wanteed to hear your thoughts on them.

The line items of" wait period and background check" dont effect me so I have no dog in that fight. </div></div>

As a Gun Enthusiast,Hunter,Shooter,and Patriotic American,I do have a "Dog in this Fight" !!

Anytime a gun owner anywhere in the USA has his or her 2A Rights infringed upon,whether it is in NYC,Chicago,or Commiefornia,that,is also "My Dog in that Fight" !!

Regarding Gun Rights,I live in what is possibly the State with the least restrictive firearms laws.We can open carry,carry concealed with no permit or license,cash and carry handguns or long guns immediately upon passing a NCIS check,own and hunt with NFA/CLIII weapons except full auto's,no "Hunter Orange" requirement.........

Even with all the 2A freedom we enjoy here in Alaska,I always keep in mind,if it can happen to you in the "Other 49",it can happen to us.It's pretty tough when I meet an otherwise "Gun Friendly" firearms owner say,"It's OK to Ban Those Kinds of Guns".....rather than lose my cool,I calmly explain to them,once the AR's and Glocks are GONE,their Lever action repeater,or Benelli semi-auto waterfowl gun is next on the chopping block,just like in Australia.....They listen after that.

We all have,"A Dog in this Fight"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ren</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ringbearer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Ren said:
Ringbearer. . </div></div>
</div></div>

Really? Instead of fixing your profile you reply with a garbage post? If you would like us to take you seriously, complete your profile. </div></div>

Yeah Ren...I'll get right on that for you. Just as soon as I finish feeding the Orks down here in MORDOR
mordor5.png

Im so glad you figured out how to post pictures. Your so smart with your liberal ways.

Heads or Trolls.... Trolls it is!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ringbearer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seems like this gun debate is taking on a whole new life of its own.

Would any of your guys be opposed to stricter background checks for gun purchases?? Perhaps even a 3-5 day delay for purchase?

For myself these don't seem like reasonable thoughts. I am not an impulsive buyer when it comes to guns. I take my time research, shop, haggle to get what I need.
Consequently 3-5 days means nothing to me.

How about you guys? Does that seem like it is infringing on anything? </div></div>

1 - this is how gov's normally take away rights - not all at once - cause that causes revolt - but slowly - they ease ppl into tyranny/graves just as you ease yourself into cold water...so as not to shock the system

2 - who will be in charge of deciding who is and is not qualified to own a gun? What would be the classification that prevent gun ownership? If it was mental health who would decide on your mental health?

Ive heard that insisting on eating organic food is being considered as a distinction of being "crazy"

Being impatient / frigidity / bored / uninterested can get you put on Ritalin as a child...for a mental disease.....ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? YOU WANT THESE ASSHOLES SAYING WHO CAN AND CANNOT OWN A DEFENSIVE DEVICE?

this is exactly why a democracy will never succeed - to many people - who don't know enough - about to many subjects - voting/debating on sensitive/important issues

and its not even their fault!!!! the amount of subjects that require proper research / thought is completely and utterly staggering and can keep you busy for years at least....let alone trying to get people to listen to you once you have educated yourself

the idea of a republic / individual sovereignty / free market is great - i wonder what it would have been like to experience/live in an era of one....

apparently the rant is strong with me today.....lol sorry

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SANDRAT</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ringbearer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the support.

I am not uninformed. I have been shooting since the mid 60s.
We were farmers. We always had guns and fully expected to.
I am not giving up any rights. I just wanteed to hear your thoughts on them.

The line items of" wait period and background check" dont effect me so I have no dog in that fight. </div></div>

As a Gun Enthusiast,Hunter,Shooter,and Patriotic American,I do have a "Dog in this Fight" !!

Anytime a gun owner anywhere in the USA has his or her 2A Rights infringed upon,whether it is in NYC,Chicago,or Commiefornia,that,is also "My Dog in that Fight" !!

Regarding Gun Rights,I live in what is possibly the State with the least restrictive firearms laws.We can open carry,carry concealed with no permit or license,cash and carry handguns or long guns immediately upon passing a NCIS check,own and hunt with NFA/CLIII weapons except full auto's,no "Hunter Orange" requirement.........

Even with all the 2A freedom we enjoy here in Alaska,I always keep in mind,if it can happen to you in the "Other 49",it can happen to us.It's pretty tough when I meet an otherwise "Gun Friendly" firearms owner say,"It's OK to Ban Those Kinds of Guns".....rather than lose my cool,I calmly explain to them,once the AR's and Glocks are GONE,their Lever action repeater,or Benelli semi-auto waterfowl gun is next on the chopping block,just like in Australia.....They listen after that.

We all have,"A Dog in this Fight" </div></div>

Sand....you guys have it good in Alaska. I wish all states were like that. But they are not.

In your post...I dont see anyone trying to take Glocks or any other semi hand gun. They are bitching about high capacity mags and trying to take those. I dont see that happening.
I do see a focused attempt with 30round mags, waiting times
and backround checks.
I hope that this does not come to pass. Time will tell.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ren</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im so glad you figured out how to post pictures. Your so smart with your liberal ways.

Heads or Trolls.... Trolls it is!
</div></div>

When you dont get your way you have these little tantrums.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ringbearer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ren</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ringbearer. Could you please put your correct location in your profile? Middle earth isnt really a good location. </div></div> Considering his position and comments it may well be where he resides. </div></div>

funny_asian_guys.jpg
</div></div>

After finding,not a single,rational,SH member has agreed with your original post.....your childish,and defensive posts have degenerated into this shit ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SANDRAT</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ringbearer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
maggot said:
Ren said:
</div></div>

After finding,not a single,rational,SH member has agreed with your original post.....your childish,and defensive posts have degenerated into this shit ?
</div></div>

That would be affirmative. You dont have to agree with me ever. The main premise of the thred was "do you think wait times or backround checks are unfair."

For myself - I dont think that they are a major penalty.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MtnCreek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Ringbearer_zpsff5ce577.jpg
</div></div>

What that actually should say is; this is what we are all going to do if they just pass more background checks. There isn't a single person that has posted on this thread that is going to loose their life over them closing the gun show loop hole.

So keep hitting up our elected officials and making our voices heard.

<span style="font-weight: bold">[/b]<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ringbearer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Govt has a tremendous amount of power!!!
And they can lay sanctions on you that will make your head spin.

I dont view govt as a crying child. I veiw them as having a big f'n hammer that that seldom swings the direction that I wish it would.

That being said: I do not think that they are trying to take guns away.</span> I think that they are trying to make sanctions to apease the large section of population that does not understand guns or want them.
This being mostly due to the children being killed at Sandy Hook. This was primed by several mass killings previously but Sandy Hook was the linch pin that started us off in this direction.

</div></div>
Ring, I don't want to appear rude, but are you really this naive? Of course they want to take our guns away. I reside in Obama's home turf that is currently overseen by his chief toadie and anti-gun zealot, Rahm Emanuel. You have no idea of what the future holds in store for gun owners everywhere unless you live in IL. We are under an unrelenting deluge of anti- 2nd Amendment bills trying to find their way through the state house.

Someone else compared it to Whack-a-Mole; as soon as we fight off one anti-gun law, another pops up the next day to take its place. And I'm not exaggerating. They are using their bully pulpit to chip away at our rights slowly but surely. What did TS Eliot say? "This is the way the world ends: not with a bang but a whimper." I suggest you ponder this before vocalizing your thoughts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rude</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In 1934 nobody cared because we were going after the gangsters and folks had allot more to worry about
In 1968 nobody cared because who would believe the government would disarm the law abiding gun owner
In 1986 nobody cared because who needs a full auto Not a deer hunter Not a goose hunter Not A trap shooter
in 1989 nobody cared because who needs an assault rifle with a 30 round clip again Not a Hunter or trap shooter
In 1994 People Finally Started To Turn And Question The Motives of the gun banner
in 2013 What is the legacy we will leave to our children grand children and their children

I Can Not Stand By And Do Nothing If We Dont Get Involved In The Game And And Get Off The Sidelines
We Will Loose A Freedom That Is Very Near And Dear To Our Hearts

If Your Not A Member Of The NRA Sign Up Now

If Your Friends , Family and neighbors Are Not Members Sign Them Up

If They Cant Afford It , And you can , Pay It For Them .The Magnitude Of the numbers is our best tool

If Your A Dealer Sign up every buyer at your expense , Your way of life depends on it

If You cant write an objective editorial copy someone that can

If You read a good comment or editorial copy and submit it to your local paper

If you cant come up with the right words copy the words of some one that can or has

The Only Chance We Have Is To Band Together And Inspire A Grass Roots Effort

Write your Mayors State Representatives Congressman and Senators In A Well Articulated Objective manner

Again If you cant come up with the right words copy the words of some one that can or has has

If You Think This Information Is Useful please re-post it with my blessing on every forum you can think of
and make changes as you think may be appropriate for a given forum .

This War Will Be Faught And Won By The Words We Use To Describe It </div></div>Not bad for a newbie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ringbearer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SANDRAT</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ringbearer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
maggot said:
Ren said:
</div></div>

</div></div>

That would be affirmative. You dont have to agree with me ever. The main premise of the thred was "do you think wait times or backround checks are unfair."

For myself - I dont think that they are a major penalty.

</div></div>ha

How do I put this bozo on 'ignore'? How about if we all do that and then he can post to no one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ringbearer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SANDRAT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Ringbearer said:
maggot said:
Ren said:
</div></div>

</div></div>ha

How do I put this bozo on 'ignore'? How about if we all do that and then he can post to no one. </div></div>

Its ok...you can say it.....we all know what you are thinking.

"I just can't quit you."

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-LB_ilP4dr4E/TrOCxQP0HeI/AAAAAAAAFOY/VbEWdcG1beg/s1600/animals-in-love02.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bouvie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ringbearer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>
Ring, I don't want to appear rude, but are you really this naive? Of course they want to take our guns away. I reside in Obama's home turf that is currently overseen by his chief toadie and anti-gun zealot, Rahm Emanuel. You have no idea of what the future holds in store for gun owners everywhere unless you live in IL. We are under an unrelenting deluge of anti- 2nd Amendment bills trying to find their way through the state house.

Someone else compared it to Whack-a-Mole; as soon as we fight off one anti-gun law, another pops up the next day to take its place. And I'm not exaggerating. They are using their bully pulpit to chip away at our rights slowly but surely. What did TS Eliot say? "This is the way the world ends: not with a bang but a whimper." I suggest you ponder this before vocalizing your thoughts. </div></div>

B.- I did a search to look at some of these anti gun laws comin up. Do you have any that you can post up.
Thanks

I still find it amazing that some people have enough faith in the current NICS system to think that it needs expanding. I've had examiners miss questions, enter the wrong info, not speak a bit of English, etc. I've <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">denied local LEO's</span></span> and have had co-workers give <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">proceeds to people I know shouldn't under any circumstance have a gun (Guy was charged and convicted with Assault w/ deadly weapon.)</span></span>

I'm curious as to how they think they are going to try and make checks "stricter." What other national data bases can they tie into the current system that improve the current system? The current "examiners" are so lazy it's unreal. I spoke with a senior examiner once and she said that 90% of the "further review" answers can get a proceed or denied by the first examiner. And thats not the first time I had heard something like that.

From a personal standpoint, I'm not a fan of the checks. I think that it is too easy for the government to screw with the system and deny people who should have them. Same way the TSA has fucked up their lists. As other have said, it doesn't say right to bear arms, after a background check.

Just my .02

While the idea sounds great, it is full of fatal flaws.

First, I do NOT trust the ATF/DOJ - the same agencies that illegally run guns to the Drug Cartel and caused the deaths of at least one Border Patrol Agent and hundreds of Mexicans.

Then there is the fact so much of our nation's record keeping systems are beyond trash. Course then we have to add the fact the military has a record of hiding the facts - just think of a DC shooter and the Fort Hood shooter.

Finally, this is nothing more than a method to block sales and create a list of hardware for later confinscation.

Sorry, this dog don't hunt.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ringbearer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bouvie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ringbearer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Someone else compared it to Whack-a-Mole; as soon as we fight off one anti-gun law, another pops up the next day to take its place. And I'm not exaggerating. They are using their bully pulpit to chip away at our rights slowly but surely. What did TS Eliot say? "This is the way the world ends: not with a bang but a whimper." I suggest you ponder this before vocalizing your thoughts. </div></div>

B.- I did a search to look at some of these anti gun laws comin up. Do you have any that you can post up.
Thanks </div></div>Here are some "highlights" of IL Bill SB 2899, which we are currently fighting off:
A complete ban of the following;

All assault type weapons
Any magazine with a capacity of over 10 rds
All .50 caliber rifles
All .50 caliber ammunition
Any weapon with a folding or telescoping stock
Any shotgun with a capacity greater than 5 rds
Any rifle or shotgun with a pistol grip or thumbhole stock
Any pistol with a weight over 50 oz unloaded
Any rifle OR pistol that can accept a detachable magazine
Muzzle breaks
Registry with a sworn affidavit to the state police (much like a registered sex offender) for each and every of these weapons/items that you already own. Plus a $10 fee for each.

So, no offense Ring but your belief that they don't want to take away our guns is complete and utter bullshit. In the future you might want to do a little more research before you make those statements. I can understand that you might HOPE that this isn't the case, but it's time to get real. Get your head out of the clouds and get in the game. Again, no offense.

That is quite a list. I will admit straight up I was not aware it was that severe. How do I locate the actual document. Is it available for public view?

Hey frodo, is that the Washington monument there to the left?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ringbearer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is quite a list. I will admit straight up I was not aware it was that severe. How do I locate the actual document. Is it available for public view? </div></div>

You fuck. You went off trolling and baiting everyone in this thread while having no fucking idea what you were even talking about.

I think you owe everybody an apology. Though I doubt we'll see that from you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ringbearer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is quite a list. I will admit straight up I was not aware it was that severe. How do I locate the actual document. Is it available for public view? </div></div>Google "Illinois general assembly-full text of SB2899" It gives you the full legal description of the bill. In it's full form it is much worse than the abbreviated list in my post.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ringbearer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is quite a list. I will admit straight up I was not aware it was that severe. How do I locate the actual document. Is it available for public view? </div></div>

You fuck. You went off trolling and baiting everyone in this thread while having no fucking idea what you were even talking about.

I think you owe everybody an apology. Though I doubt we'll see that from you. </div></div>

He's in Illinois num nuts. Not my state.

Now go fix me a sandwhich--Ruben, kraut, pickle on the side.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bouvie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ringbearer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is quite a list. I will admit straight up I was not aware it was that severe. How do I locate the actual document. Is it available for public view? </div></div>Google "Illinois general assembly-full text of SB2899" It gives you the full legal description of the bill. In it's full form it is much worse than the abbreviated list in my post. </div></div>

Thanks. I pulled this up and am giving it a good look.
Appreciate it.

Here is an idea. Automatic death penalty if you commit a crime with a gun. Stops gun violence pretty quick. All of us who just want to live our lives in peace without all of the regs the government throws at us will be happy.

Background checks are fine with instant checks.
Waiting period? Screw you! INFRINGEMENT
The entire anti gun population uses nothing but propaganda. Each and every premise they use is unsound and invalid
You want a proper statistic? Here it is:
For each firearm murder in the US(per FBI stats, RAW DATA):
1 per 46350, or 0.0021% an insignificant number for any premise to make new firearms laws. Want to go farther? Sure!
Rifles(all variants) 358 per 312,800,000, or if you will 0.000011%, yet another insignificant number.
Shall I go one with raw data fact? Sure!
Handguns, 6008 per 312800000, or 0.0019%, one more insignificant number.
The above? No spin, no BS, just raw data basis, or what we call TRUTH.

You want more gun control? Learn to breathe, aim, and squeeze right. You want to fight this issue with the RIGHT focus?
Look toward the lack of security of our schools and public venues.
FACT:
President - Armed Guards
Congress - Armed Guards
Senate - Armed Guards
Manufacturing Plants - Armed Guards
Offices - Armed Guards
Our Children, our GREATEST RESOURCE, - Are they not also important enough for armed guards?

If the school where Obama has his kids has 11 armed guards, ALL our schools are that important.

You want stricter background checks? Come back with some valid and sound premises to support it. This is my gauntlet, and it has hit the ground. In other words, BRING IT!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ringbearer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ringbearer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is quite a list. I will admit straight up I was not aware it was that severe. How do I locate the actual document. Is it available for public view? </div></div>

I think you owe everybody an apology. Though I doubt we'll see that from you. </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Now go fix me a sandwhich--Ruben, kraut, pickle on the side.</span> </div></div>

You're nothing but a low-rent troll on the order of an anal polyp in terms of the evolutionary scale. No wonder your posts smell so badly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ringbearer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bouvie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ringbearer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is quite a list. I will admit straight up I was not aware it was that severe. How do I locate the actual document. Is it available for public view? </div></div>Google "Illinois general assembly-full text of SB2899" It gives you the full legal description of the bill. In it's full form it is much worse than the abbreviated list in my post. </div></div>

Appreciate it. </div></div>Have fun. And remember this; we (the 50 states) are only as strong as our weakest link. You may not live in my state but if they pass it here, it's only a matter of time before other states use Illinois as an example to try and enact similar laws elsewhere. Believe me, Obama is using his home state influence to ramrod things thru here first and then spread it into other states.

Hey Switch - that was a nice drama.

Except-- I never said I wanted more gun control.
But I did enjoy your stats
I am glad that your gauntlet has hit the ground
And gurl...consider it brung.

Veer_Gin--You are the jam in my jelly roll.
PS thoses were not polyps....

tea_bag460.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ringbearer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ringbearer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is quite a list. I will admit straight up I was not aware it was that severe. How do I locate the actual document. Is it available for public view? </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Now go fix me a sandwhich--Ruben, kraut, pickle on the side.</span> </div></div>

You're nothing but a low-rent troll on the order of an anal polyp in terms of the evolutionary scale. No wonder your posts smell so badly. </div></div>

That, my dear V, is rich. An anal polyp indeed. Thanks for the giggle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bouvie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ringbearer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bouvie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ringbearer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is quite a list. I will admit straight up I was not aware it was that severe. How do I locate the actual document. Is it available for public view? </div></div>Google "Illinois general assembly-full text of SB2899" It gives you the full legal description of the bill. In it's full form it is much worse than the abbreviated list in my post. </div></div>
------------------------------------------------------

Appreciate it. </div></div>Have fun. And remember this; we (the 50 states) are only as strong as our weakest link. You may not live in my state but if they pass it here, it's only a matter of time before other states use Illinois as an example to try and enact similar laws elsewhere. Believe me, Obama is using his home state influence to ramrod things thru here first and then spread it into other states. </div></div>

------------------------

You are exactly right. This is just a small part of what was in there...
Doesnt look good.

Amends the Freedom of Information Act. Exempts assault weapon registration affidavits. Amends the State Police Act. Authorizes emergency procurement for an assault weapon registration system. Amends the Firearm Owners Identification Card Act. Raises penalty for failure to keep a firearm transfer record. Amends the Criminal Code of 2012. Provides that after the effective date, it is unlawful to knowingly deliver, sell, or purchase a semi-automatic assault weapon, attachment, .50 caliber rifle, or .50 caliber cartridge. Prohibits possession of these weapons and attachments, 270 days after the effective date. Allows possession of a weapon or attachment possessed before the effective date if the person provides a registration affidavit. Provides that a retired peace officer may possess a weapon or attachment, if lawfully acquired and possessed prior to retirement and a registration affidavit filed. Provides that the person or retired peace officer may only transfer the weapon or attachment to an heir, an individual residing in another state, or a licensed federal firearms dealer. Establishes registration fees. Provides that 60 days after the effective date, it is unlawful to knowingly deliver, sell, purchase, or possess a large capacity ammunition feeding device. Provides exemptions and penalties

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

You want more gun control? Learn to breathe, aim, and squeeze right. You want to fight this issue with the RIGHT focus?
Look toward the lack of security of our schools and public venues.
FACT:
President - Armed Guards
Congress - Armed Guards
Senate - Armed Guards
Manufacturing Plants - Armed Guards
Offices - Armed Guards
Our Children, our GREATEST RESOURCE, - Are they not also important enough for armed gaurds?

If the school where Obama has his kids has 11 armed guards, ALL our schools are that important.

</div></div>

Switch, you got it in a nutshell. Thats a really unrefutable reduction. Sort of like "If A then B. So in every instance of A, we also have an instance of B. A cannot exist without B. Makes it so simple even the antis cannot deny it. Well done sir. I just posted it all over Facebook (named you in the footers
laugh.gif
)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ringbearer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ringbearer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is quite a list. I will admit straight up I was not aware it was that severe. How do I locate the actual document. Is it available for public view? </div></div>

He's in Illinois num nuts. <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Not my state.</span></span>
</div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Ummm Hello?!</span> How the fuck would anyone know where you live? You're the one hiding where you live, despite many requests in this very thread to make said info known and then you call me "num nuts" because I/we don't know where you live? Really?

Try to keep up, dumb-ass. 'And for future reference, make sure you know how to spell 'numb' before you call somebody else "num nuts," OK numb-nuts?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coach4christ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is an idea. Automatic death penalty if you commit a crime with a gun. Stops gun violence pretty quick. All of us who just want to live our lives in peace without all of the regs the government throws at us will be happy. </div></div>

The only problem with that is that "crime" is such a nebulous term. If you break it out, some legislator could make a law saying that it's illegal to shoot a gun at a gun range, suddenly you have half the population of the U.S. on death row. In reality, I understand what you're saying and obviously meant violent crimes but I think you see how that could be a slippery slope like situation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ringbearer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ringbearer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is quite a list. I will admit straight up I was not aware it was that severe. How do I locate the actual document. Is it available for public view? </div></div>
</div></div>
<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Not my state.</span></span>
</div></div>
<span style="font-weight: bold">Ummm Hello?!</span> How the fuck would anyone know where you live? You're the one hiding where you live, despite many requests in this very thread to make said info known and then you call me "num nuts" because I/we don't know where you live? Really?

Try to keep up, dumb-ass. 'And for future reference, make sure you know how to spell 'numb' before you call somebody else "num nuts," OK numb-nuts? </div></div>
--------------------------------

Why do you need to know where I live. What ...you lookin for a date or somethin. You stay there I'll stay here num nuts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coach4christ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is an idea. Automatic death penalty if you commit a crime with a gun. Stops gun violence pretty quick. All of us who just want to live our lives in peace without all of the regs the government throws at us will be happy. </div></div>

The only problem with that is that "crime" is such a nebulous term. If you break it out, some legislator could make a law saying that it's illegal to shoot a gun at a gun range, suddenly you have half the population of the U.S. on death row. In reality, I understand what you're saying and obviously meant violent crimes but I think you see how that could be a slippery slope like situation. </div></div>

The ability to shut down fully commited transgressors with weapons is impossible. Gun, no guns, there will still be murders.
Always have been since Cain & Able.
It will only get worse. Yes there is a trend in murders going down accross the country but I see that as a quiet before the storm.

STOP, REFOCUS:

"Would any of your guys be opposed to stricter background checks for gun purchases?? Perhaps even a 3-5 day delay for purchase?

For myself these don't seem like reasonable thoughts. I am not an impulsive buyer when it comes to guns. I take my time research, shop, haggle to get what I need.

How about you guys? Does that seem like it is infringing on anything?" - OP -

1: Would any of your guys be opposed to stricter background checks for gun purchases??

Common Man propaganda, Begging the Question propaganda invalidates the question and makes any premise to support both unsound and invalid

2: Perhaps even a 3-5 day delay for purchase?
See 1

3: For myself these don't seem like reasonable thoughts.
My point exactly, the thoughts are indeed unreasonable

4: I am not an impulsive buyer when it comes to guns. I take my time research, shop, haggle to get what I need.

Appeal to Prejudice propaganda, Common Man propaganda. These premises are nothing more than propaganda. The loaded and emotive terms make this both unsound and invalid as premise

5: How about you guys? Does that seem like it is infringing on anything?"

Bandwagon and Common Man propaganda. Invalid and unsound for supporting premise

OP, your original post has been expanded and torn apart to see if it has merit. it does not. It is hollow, filled with unsound and invalid propaganda. You would be well advised to stop, walk away from this, and learn from it. You are outmatched, and ill equipped to properly debate this issue. Should you care to continue and actually offer defense for your OP, you will further the notion of both ignorance and maladjusted thought

Would any of your guys be opposed to stricter background checks for gun purchases?? Perhaps even a 3-5 day delay for purchase?

How about you guys? Does that seem like it is infringing on anything? </div></div>

A delay seems like an infringement to me.

The Right to keep and Bear Arms is as important as the right to vote. Would anyone stand for a NICS check before getting a ballot? Hell, even requiring a photo ID has been ruled against. More deaths have been caused by dictators being voted into office than by those who rise to power via violent coup.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">STOP, REFOCUS:

"Would any of your guys be opposed to stricter background checks for gun purchases?? Perhaps even a 3-5 day delay for purchase?

1: Would any of your guys be opposed to stricter background checks for gun purchases??

Common Man propaganda, Begging the Question propaganda invalidates the question and makes any premise to support both unsound and invalid

See 1

4: I am not an impulsive buyer when it comes to guns. I take my time research, shop, haggle to get what I need.

Appeal to Prejudice propaganda, Common Man propaganda. These premises are nothing more than propaganda. The loaded and emotive terms make this both unsound and invalid as premise

OP, your original post has been expanded and torn apart to see if it has merit. it does not. It is hollow, filled with unsound and invalid propaganda. You would be well advised to stop, walk away from this, and learn from it. You are outmatched, and ill equipped to properly debate this issue. Should you care to continue and actually offer defense for your OP, you will further the notion of both ignorance and maladjusted thought
</div></div>

Jesus.....are you on Ritalin.

Naw it was really just simple questions. However I appreciate your conspiricy theory and do think that It would make a great book.

55% roylity for me due to origional intellectual property.

And....begin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bhart89</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ringbearer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seems like this gun debate is taking on a whole new life of its own.

The Right to keep and Bear Arms is as important as the right to vote. Would anyone stand for a NICS check before getting a ballot? Hell, even requiring a photo ID has been ruled against. More deaths have been caused by dictators being voted into office than by those who rise to power via violent coup. </div></div>

Our state already has a 7 day delay. Sad but it is what it is.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ringbearer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bhart89</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ringbearer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seems like this gun debate is taking on a whole new life of its own.

The Right to keep and Bear Arms is as important as the right to vote. Would anyone stand for a NICS check before getting a ballot? Hell, even requiring a photo ID has been ruled against. More deaths have been caused by dictators being voted into office than by those who rise to power via violent coup. </div></div>

Our state already has a 7 day delay. Sad but it is what it is. </div></div>

Ringbearer, If your from Minnesota put it in your Profile what is the big deal. Put an end to this thread it is ridiclous now.

Maryland has a 7 day wait as well for regulated firearms.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ringbearer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">STOP, REFOCUS:

See 1

</div></div>

Jesus.....are you on Ritalin.

Naw it was really just simple questions. However I appreciate your conspiricy theory and do think that It would make a great book.

55% roylity for me due to origional intellectual property.

And....begin </div></div>

No, I think Jesus is on something better than Ritalin.
Switchblade is "on the right track."
But you, seem focused on "Stupid."