• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Stuck YHM CAN .

Chuckfoo22

Private
Minuteman
Sep 27, 2014
Hey guys , this is my first post.
I have a yhm qd phantom that keeps getting stuck on my 300blk.

The can is recessed an inch and a half behind the end of the four grip to so the mount is not visible. Have decided if I like this set up yet.

After I run about 100 rds through it , it seizes up and I cannot remove by hand. I have to mount on my block and apply low hit to break POC. Note this is after I clean threading.

Is there a lube that is made for this ?

Try a little hi temp nickel anti-seize. You can get it at an electrical supply house. We use it on hi temp light bulbs to prevent them from seizing in the socket.

I had the internal threads on my YHM can guncked up. Flash suppressor was clean, threads inside the can were dirty and bound up. Cleaning them up helped a lot.

Does the rear of the Phantom contact the fore end/ hand guard when it is screwed all the way down? Is there a chance the can is not screwing down all the way and allowing gas and carbon to leak out of the back of the supressor through the threads?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

On my 5.56 Ti QD mounted can I sometimes have to give it a good muzzle thump to break the can loose after a lot of shooting (hundreds of rounds). Cleaning the threads on the can and the mount will probably help a bit as well. I usually thump something solid but non-marring like a 4x4 block on a concrete floor.

Mine does this also. Grease the outside threads on the quick detach and don't crank the suppressor down when you put it on. Just snug it up good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

screw the can on until it stops. BACK IT OFF 1 CLICK and 1 click only. Run it. The can will have a slight amount of wiggle, but I bet you can't tell a difference in performance or accuracy. I had the same problem with mine and that's how I cured it. I've always lubed the threads before and after the problem arose.

hi temp anti seize. also can be found at any auto parts store. I apply with a qtip inside threads on can and gun barrel threads after cleaning. I do clean it everytime I remove it

Also a dab of that anti-seize on the rear end (of the can) where the ratchet teeth engage will help.
The forward end of my flash hiders are a pretty snug fit in the can as well. After a lot of shooting you can see where the carbon was scraped off the outside diameter of the flash hider when the can was unscrewed. A LOT of shooting may cause difficulty in this area as well.

screw the can on until it stops. BACK IT OFF 1 CLICK and 1 click only. Run it. The can will have a slight amount of wiggle, but I bet you can't tell a difference in performance or accuracy. I had the same problem with mine and that's how I cured it. I've always lubed the threads before and after the problem arose.

me too. it is also how i made my poi shift is repeatable with this can. i use ultimate lube on my thread mounts.