• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s stuff I have been making to pass the time.

johninok

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2011
central ok
been fooling with metal working.

Attachments

• bars 001.jpg
    bars 001.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 15
  • flower spurs 004.jpg
    flower spurs 004.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: abizdafuzz
wow nice work! I think it looks great. I am assuming leather, but what kind of metals (excuse my ignorance?)

couple more

Attachments

• FLORAL USMC 002.jpg
    FLORAL USMC 002.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
  • skull buckle 003.jpg
    skull buckle 003.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 19
spurs and buckles are 1018 cold roll steel with silver, copper and bronze overlays soldered on.

Awesome work. How much for a pair of spurs? Just silver mounted but not full engraved like those above. Do you do bits as well?

Thanks guys, got these knocked out yesterday. think Im gonna get serious and start taking some orders.

Attachments

• new spur 002.jpg
    new spur 002.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 20
Nice work John. How did you dome the USMC buckle? And what thickness is it?

The wheat stalk engraving on your work is very nice.

Congrats.

Thanks guys, got these knocked out yesterday. think Im gonna get serious and start taking some orders.

domed all the buckles with a cup/ball type die and a hydraulic jack, buckles are 1018 cold roll steel 1/8" thick.

Excellent work.

Are you using a jack in the 20 ton range to get that and, if you dont mind my asking, where did you get a die set like that (or did you make it?)

The engraving on the steel gives it a good look and I really like what you did with the rowels.

Thats some good OK/TX style spur making right there.

domed all the buckles with a cup/ball type die and a hydraulic jack, buckles are 1018 cold roll steel 1/8" thick.

Made the die with a grinder and a bowling ball,couple of pieces of leather in between as a buffer. not sure of the tonnage on the jack, just a cheapie from the auto parts store.

John, great work and a smart way to solve for pressing the buckle. Smarter than my first approaches. If you haven't checked into the International Bit and Spur Makers Guild I would recommend them highly. International Guild of Bit and Spur Makers - Artists, and Hand-made Sale Items

Lots of good makers there offering advice. Folks like Mark Stewart, Wilson Capron, George Blackburn, Russel Yates, etc are very willing to share ideas and provide feedback.

Made the die with a grinder and a bowling ball,couple of pieces of leather in between as a buffer. not sure of the tonnage on the jack, just a cheapie from the auto parts store.

Man, when you start taking custom orders let me know! Damn nice! We buy a few custom buckles a year for various events. Awesome talent padna.