• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing stupid question, hat are M4 cuts? on a AR upper?

Re: stupid question, hat are M4 cuts? on a AR upper?

If you are referring to M4 feed ramp cuts, They are a improved design in the feed ramps that more reliably help the round transition from the staggered magazine into the chamber. Hope that answers your question.

When the upper reciver has the feed ramps that blend with the ramps on the barrel extension if that makes sense.... Here's a picture

c7ee3f00.jpg

M4 feed ramps, i know this, M4 cuts i didn't know hat the hell they here talking about, thax

The only other m4 cut I know of is in the barrel profile.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: razerok1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only other m4 cut I know of is in the barrel profile. </div></div>

which is for the attachment of an M203 launcher

Great photo rarerok1!

Thanks!

Jim C

M4 cuts are the step down notch right between the front sight base and the flash hider.

i think your mistaken, i believe its doesn't have anything to do with the launcher or the sight / brake the photo above is what they where referring too as the cuts concerning the M4 upper what the question was referring to was the M4 cuton on the reciver nothing else. witch ending up being the ramps are "cut" for the feeding to prevent jams.