• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stupid question of the day? 5.7 ballistics?

Isn't that the round that supposedly penetrates armor and then turns sideways to make a huge wound channel? Been awhile since I heard from Five Seven fanboys.

Most loadings of 5.7 wont compromise body armor...for that, you need to find some of the extreme penetrator loadings, you can tell them pretty easily as the bullet design is pretty unique

lcc-r-plug-anal-en-metal-en-acier-godemiche-sexue.jpg
You gay

Detailed ballistics and load charts for all cartridges you can think of, including almost completely obscure concept rounds from between 1869 to 1905, can be found easily online. It is up to you to figure out what you need.

If you are here for wholesome reasons and to enjoy and promote the shooting sports and the ideals of the armed citizenry, lighten up and roll with the humor. If you ever worked construction or in a machine shop, you KNOW how new guys get ribbed. You may have stood out far more easily than anybody else because asking about how a round will "consistently penetrate body armor", especially in a turbulent and dangerous political and social atmosphere that the whole world is in right now, raises A LOT of red flags and suspicion.

Just laying it out here so everyone else who is also thinking about such subjects understand as well. Yes we ARE an armed citizenry, and we want the best resources we can have to protect our families and our communities in times of need. But drawing potentially negative attention to the millions of good folks out here with sensitive topics that can easily be misconstrued as anything but wholesome, especially with what is going on in the world right now, is not the way to do it.

Reactions: FatBoy and 232593
20 round capacity on the FN 5.7… this is a significantly underfunded platform that has the potential to replace 9mm. Why hasn’t it?

Maybe because it simply does not work as well due to the fact that small bullets operate via velocity, and pistols rob them of that advantage?

It makes for a fun toy, but 17-18 rounds of 9mm would be preferable for any type of serious work.

If you want to play with the round, the S&W M&P 5.7 is reasonably priced and properly configured to run with a suppressor. I personally wouldn't bother with the other options, and this is coming from a minor-league FN fanboy.

1000002747.jpg

Maybe because it simply does not work as well due to the fact that small bullets operate via velocity, and pistols rob them of that advantage?

It makes for a fun toy, but 17-18 rounds of 9mm would be preferable for any type of serious work.

If you want to play with the round, the S&W M&P 5.7 is reasonably priced and properly configured to run with a suppressor. I personally wouldn't bother with the other options, and this is coming from a minor-league FN fanboy.

View attachment 8247078
I bought the Ruger 5.7. It’s pretty fun, but just a range toy to me.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
I bought the Ruger 5.7. It’s pretty fun, but just a range toy to me.

The biggest problem with the Ruger and FN is that they're not really suitable for suppression. The S&W has a pretty trick rotating breech lock system that gives the bullet a chance to leave the barrel before unlocking.

I am pretty sure the 5.7 can't blow the lungs out of people like 9mm can, so it will never get popular

• Haha
Reactions: Boon20
What velocity you getting out of that? kind of reminds me of the 9mm cat smasher.
I’d have to go dig the numbers up, BUT I am loading relatively slow with 4.8 grains of powder under a 40g bullet. I can push the powder load to 6grains if maybe a tad over, but brass life starts to suffer.

MAIN POINT OF SELLING BELGIAN FIVE SEVEN PISTOL IS EXTREME PRICE OF WEAPON AND CARTRIDGE. BELGIAN FIVE SEVEN IS WEAPON OF MAN WHO WEARS EXPENSIVE ITALIAN FASCIST SUIT OF HAND SEWING, DRIVE HUGE EXPENSIVE NAZI MERCEDES OF A.M.G. SHOP, SAIL ON MASSIVE YACHT TO GREEK ISLANDS. I THINK YOU GET PICTURE. BELGIAN FIVE SEVEN IS WEAPON THAT SAYS IS NO SUCH THING AS CONCERN OF MONEY. FOR MAN WITHOUT EXPENSIVE SUIT, BIG BLACK MERCEDES, AND MASSIVE YACHT, BELGIAN FIVE SEVEN IS FOR PRETENDING OF BE RICH LIKE BLACK GANGSTER OF AMERICAN CITY WITH GOLD CHAINS OF LOW QUALITY AND JEWELS OF COLORED GLASS. WHEN YOU EXPLAIN USE OF BELGIAN FIVE SEVEN PISTOL IS ONLY FOR SHOOT MAN WITH BULLET VEST WITH CARTRIDGE ILLEGAL TO CIVILIAN, THIS MAN HAS NUCLEAR RAGE. WHOLE IDENTITY OF THIS MAN IS SPENT IN PRETEND PISTOL SHOWS HE IS RICH. IS VERY AMUSE. FOR REST OF WORLD THERE IS 9 MILLIMETERS OF LUGER WHICH IS SAME WOUND FOR COST LESS.