• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Stupid question on Beast

Steve Petty

Private
Minuteman
Sep 26, 2012
When you zero this scope at say 100 yards and you are 1/4MOA or1/10 Mil off of zero and you use lever to get zero,does that mean you have to back lever off to get 1/4 and 3/4 MOA and odd Mil numbers? Seems easy if it zeros without moving lever to plus side.

When you zero this scope at say 100 yards and you are 1/4MOA or1/10 Mil off of zero and you use lever to get zero,does that mean you have to back lever off to get 1/4 and 3/4 MOA and odd Mil numbers? Seems easy if it zeros without moving lever to plus side.
Can you repeat the question??? It's meant for elr shots... 10 mils per rev, flip the lever and now you have 20 per rev... Has nothing to do with your zero. Zero is zero

Can you repeat the question??? It's meant for elr shots... 10 mils per rev, flip the lever and now you have 20 per rev... Has nothing to do with your zero. Zero is zero

Thats not how the BEAST elevation works. From what I understand, it's 20 MILs in one turn that is graduated in 2/10ths mil increments. There is a throw lever that will ADD 1/10th of a mil or .25 MOA (if you have the MOA adjustments). In other words if your come up is 1.3 MILS then you turn Elevation turret 6 clicks to give you 1.2 MILS and throw the lever to add .1 MIL.

I think what the OP is asking is when you're getting your zero (POA=POI) at say 100 yds and lets just say for the sake of conversation you need a 1/10th mil UP to zero, you throw the lever to give you the 1/10th. Then "zero" the turret and throw the lever back?

Last edited:
I have not got a BEAST on hand so cannot comment with 100% certainty, but my guess would be that if you zero the scope with the throw lever set to +0.1MIL and then back it off to 0 or the natural position, you would effectively be 0.1 mil lower than your intended zero.

I have though about this previously and came to the conclusion that the BEAST wont allow for as precise a zero as a standard 0.1mil scope IF the throw lever is to ever be returned to zero. This is not really an issue, provided windage is zero'ed perfectly. An extra 0.1MIL in elevation at 100 yards is not ground breaking.

Yes. I never thought about this downside of the .2 mil turrets and .1 mil lever but now that you bring this up, it is possible that your rifle/mount/scope combination could have your zero fall at +.1 on the lever if the turret knob itself is limited to .2 mil increments.

Last edited:
Now I understand,getting mine any day now. Thanx for the explanation guys,can't wait for my new toy!