• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stupid Question: Scope through.

SaintsNsinners

Private
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2012
Republic of Indiana
So looking to out some glass on my M1A.

Here's the catch. Mid forearm there is a holosun HS507c.

My question is 1.25" scope mount just clears the holosun. Will I see the holosun in the optics if I got to a 1" mount? Or will the optic shoot through the Holosun and it doesn't matter the height?

Why not put the holosun on an offset mount or remove able or flip over mounts like the ones for magnifiers? Seems like your scope will need to be on stilts...

To answer your question, you can partially block a scope and still see the target but it will impede the low light capability and clarity of the scope. Try putting your finger on top of the holosun and look through the scope, you will see what I'm talking about. Lots of ar's out there with flat top uppers and A2 front sights but it's not the best way.

Why not put the holosun on an offset mount or remove able or flip over mounts like the ones for magnifiers? Seems like your scope will need to be on stilts...

To answer your question, you can partially block a scope and still see the target but it will impede the low light capability and clarity of the scope. Try putting your finger on top of the holosun and look through the scope, you will see what I'm talking about. Lots of ar's out there with flat top uppers and A2 front sights but it's not the best way.
My scope is the removable optic.

Attachments

• IMG_20200523_032308738.jpg
    IMG_20200523_032308738.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 28
If you're still not sure what it will look like, mount the scope and remove the holosun then set it on some spacers and look through the scope. A pair of number 2 pencils should be about right, you could tape it in place to look at it without dropping the holosun and make your decision.