• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Stupid question

Dirty D

Resident Sommelier of cellulite
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2010
Your moms house
My scope will arrive (hopefully) in a week or so and I will be mounting it in my LT-104, my question is there a sequence for torquing the screws. I checked LaRues website and could not find anything. After eyeballing it my assumption would be to start with the 2 screws on top of the rings so the rings can align on the tube then apply some torque to the screws on the bottom of the rings.

Does anybody know if the standard 40 inch pounds applies to the LaRue mount as well.

Re: Stupid question

I have always tightened a little at a time in a crisscross pattern. I think tightening one set completely would tend to pinch the scope. I have always used about 20-25 inch pounds and that has been enough. I have noticed scopes tend to roll a little when securing in a Larue so be sure to check your level as you tighten. Larue has a forum over on ar15.com and they are good about answering questions there.

Re: Stupid question

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trigger Monkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Start with the bottom screws first and torque to 15 in/lbs then do the top screws last to the same torque setting. </div></div>

+1. As per LaRue's directions...