• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Sub $2000 scope for 338LM/ELR

M47Patton

Private
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2012
TX
I recently picked up a Savage 112 single shot 338LM rifle. This rifle will be used mostly for 1500+ yard steel targets. I do qualify for the Vortex MIL discount so I've been looking at both the razor gen1 and gen2. The strong appeal of the gen1 is both the ton of internal elevation and it comes in at a very good price with that discount. That said, I would prefer more power and I've heard the gen1 has a tight eyebox. The Gen2 has more mag but a little less elevation. I've looked through both once, but never fired a shot with either.

With that said, I am willing to entertain other options. What's out there that combines good glass, reliable internals and enough elevation to dial out to 2000 yards from a 100 yard zero (or at least get close with a 20 moa base and a little help from the ret).

I prefer having a zero stop.
Weight is not a concern considering the application, in fact, the heavier the better.

Side note, I prefer MOA. Yea, I know.. MOA is what ive been using for years. Just mentioning because I noticed some scope models are mil only.

Thanks

Vortex military discount...don't care about weight... right features..

Looks to me like your describing the Gen II Razor. Good scope. Run with it.

Birddog is right, but don't discount the Gen 1 just because you heard of tight eye-box. Since it's a single shot and the use is not for high volume shooting in tight time frames, the whole eye-box thing is a non-issue.

Birddog is right, but don't discount the Gen 1 just because you heard of tight eye-box. Since it's a single shot and the use is not for high volume shooting in tight time frames, the whole eye-box thing is a non-issue.

Good point on the eyebox.

Reactions: stereo.pete