• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Sub $400 Scope

immcpat

Private
Minuteman
Jun 12, 2012
New York
I'm looking for a scope that cost less than 400 dollars. I'm putting this scope on a Remington 700 .223 with a 26" barrel. I would like to shoot accurately as far as possible. I was looking a millett and thought they look pretty good does anyone else have any input?

Re: Sub $400 Scope

You can get a basic Leupold Vari-X 2 or 3 for less than $400 bucks. Spend the savings on a decent set of rings.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: immcpat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm looking for a scope that cost less than 400 dollars. I'm putting this scope on a Remington 700 .223 with a 26" barrel. I would like to shoot accurately as far as possible. I was looking a millett and thought they look pretty good does anyone else have any input? </div></div>

Redfield Revenge 6-18x. I just got it but for the price I dont think you can beat it.

You can get a Nikon Buckmaster with mildot ret. for $300 shipped or even Monarch is less than 400. The glass quality is better than millett for sure. You can also find Burris and Lepould in that price range. From my own experience, buying a socpe for 223 you have to make srue you can see bullet holes at 100yrds. Make sure your glass quality is best. Otherwise you can't see .22 bullet holes in summer time because of mirage.

+1 for the Vortex Viper HS 5-15. Midway was carrying them at $399 for quite a while. Probably will again in the future...if they can keep them in stock.

One of the new mil/mil SWFA Super Snipers would be my second choice.

just got one of the new ss 10x / milquad ret

great reticle and much better turrets than on my first one

well see how it does. going on a 7mm rem mag

i would think that it would be fine for 223

SS 10X no frills no thrills, just a solid scope that will go from rifle to rifle in the future. the cheaper scopes usually tend to be sold with the rifle.

Depends on the use. For hunting I would consider a good mil dot VII 3-12 or 6-18 or the weaver 3-10. And for target shooting and long range work (up to 600yds) the swfa 12x or 16x would work even for pdogs). I just picked up a Rem 700 SPS tactical 223 myself.

Regards

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mnhntr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bushnell 3200 Elite 10x40 </div></div>

You are absolutely correct sir! I have been using the Bushnell Elite 3200 Tactical for a couple of years now. Dials up and down with tactile clicks and <span style="text-decoration: underline">always</span> returns to zero. I have made hits on a 12"x12" gong out to 800 yards. Here is a pic of it on my R-700 in .308:

VTRScope2.jpg

Weaver Tactical, Bushnell Elite, and the SS are all made in Japan...all good glass and well built. I would go for any of the 3.

Nikon buckmasters 6-18x40 I have one on a 22-250 and it's a very nice scope for the price, the only thing I don't really like is the 1/8" adjustments but it has very good glass and target turrets for $310.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mtneer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+1 for the Vortex Viper HS 5-15. Midway was carrying them at $399 for quite a while. Probably will again in the future...if they can keep them in stock.</div></div>

this