• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Subsonic 22 for Spikes Upper

mnglockman

Private
Minuteman
Apr 1, 2011
East Coast
Can anyone tell me what subsonic 22 works well in a Spikes Tactical upper. I have only tried the Remington and it wants nothing to do with it. Thanks!

Re: Subsonic 22 for Spikes Upper

All I can say is mine only likes high velocity and coated but not the gold coated junk by remmy I believe it is.\

I remember running some old subsonic and it didn't play too well but it was really old ammo someone gave me and it could of just been cause it was old.

Don't have a Spikes but have a CMMG stainless steel bolt, dedicated upper. I have used CCI, Aguila HP 40gr, Aguila SSS 60gr. and all functioned flawless after about 500 rounds of cheap Federal bulk to break in.

Also take a serious look at CCI SV(standard velocity)40gr. at 1070 FPS. They are VERY accurate out of most guns and cycle great. I ordered 5,000 rounds for $270 shipped($2.70/per 50)but they are solids so might not be best if using for hunting...

cci worked pretty well in mine when I had it!

Thanks for the responses so far. I will add that mine runs Federal Bulk Pack like a sewing machine. It runs flawless but it hates non coated bullets. I am really hoping that there is a subsonic round that will feed well so I can you my can on it. Btillr i will try some cci. Thanks

Aguila super-xtra subsonics run great. That is the only round that i could get to function reliably and leave the barrel subsonic on my M&P 15-22.

I know its not the same as your spikes upper, but its does function extremely well, and quiet to boot.

My Spike's (Lothar Walther 16"heavy CAR)runs and many types ammo; and if opening the flash suppressor to .450"(or unscrewing) to .375-400" to 50yd (not floated). Regular FSs are only .320".
Accuracy with ammo went from .575-.700.