• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors subsonic 223 that cycles

feely1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 24, 2007
Texas, USA
Shot some 5.56 subsonic today that cycles in both gas piston and standard ar's. Extreme Shock ASP. Does anyone else have expierence with this ammo.

Re: subsonic 223 that cycles

So there goes the myth that you can't have sub-sonic 5.56mm ammo that will cycle the action.
Can't wait to see the recipie...
smirk.gif

isn't ES like super expensive?

Cost is about the same as Engel Ballistics. Midway has it in stock and I will be placing an order next week. Thanks for the input, We ran it on a select gun with no problems as well. Took 7 rounds to line the barrel before it ran.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=136315#productTabReviews

Some of the people reviewing this product do not like it. It is being called unreliable, inconsistant and inaccurate. One is claiming it goes supersonic in his rifle.

Were the first rounds going supersonic before fouling the bore enough to make it cycle? Does cleaning the bore require more "conditioning" before it will cycle again?

Ranb

It is new to me. Considering the stuff was pellet gun quiet, I will assume it is subsonic. I have not shot enough of it to value it's accuracy or reliability. We are getting ready to place a large order of the stuff to follow up on our initial testing. Buy a couple boxes and let me know what you think about the rounds. Either way you look at it it was cool to have the rounds function in the rifle.

Good to know.

Metered some EB 63gr subsonic on ARs this last weekend. It had to be cycled by hand.

I was making some 223 reduced loads a while back that would cycle my Ar15. I was using IMR SR4759 11.0 gr.. They where very accurate.. Sub 223 and 308 drop like a rock anyways. Kind of sucks. The best 308 I found was Black Hills. Drop is about 36" at 100 yards. But I did get a nice 3 shot group to touch with there ammo using my Sig LRS Blazer with my SWR Omeaga 30

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: S&J Refinishing</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was making some 223 reduced loads a while back that would cycle my Ar15. I was using IMR SR4759 11.0 gr.. They where very accurate.. Sub 223 and 308 drop like a rock anyways. Kind of sucks. The best 308 I found was Black Hills. Drop is about 36" at 100 yards. But I did get a nice 3 shot group to touch with there ammo using my Sig LRS Blazer with my SWR Omeaga 30 </div></div>

What bullets were you using?I thought about trying to work some up with the 77gr SMK's or even heavier.

I made some with 90gr SMK's with about 6.5 gr Trail Boss. They did cycle but they weren't stable in a 1 in 7 bbl. I had to cut the neck back too much to get them in the mag to be practical.

I have tried and anylised their ammo.

It works as advertised within a narrow window. It is designed to be subsonic in a mil spec 14½" barrel- it is. 1000fps and very consistent. Out of 16" barrels like our test HK 416's...it is often just supersonic (1180fps) but a few civi spec 16 barrels it stays just below the speed of sound.

Has cycled reliably in all the rifles I have tried it in- 1960's vintage M16, Current M4, HK 416 and ruger Mini 14.

Bullet (on the new stuff) weighs 100grns (old was 127grn) which is marginal on stability. Accuracy is adequate for it's intended mission out to 100m or so.

Bullet is filled with Tungsten carbide- so not cheep. Powder (25grns) looks like Vihavouri.

ES also produce a round that will not cycle the action- different folks like different things. This uses the same 100grn bullet but uses 8grns of powder and a small foam filler. - Avoid. It is intended ONLY for barrels up to 14½"...it occasionally sticks in the barrel of a 16" carbine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Master_Blaster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about a 22lr? dang near the same thing </div></div>

Other than the Aguilla 60gr subsonic 22lr,which requires a special twist bbl,it is not the same.

The idea is to shoot a bullet of appx twice the weight at a subsonic velocity.If it were the same,I would just stick to my suppressed 10/22,which is pretty efficient on critters with CCI segmented HP subsonics.

+1 Aguilla 60gr Shoot them out of 20" RRA Varment with spikes tactical conversion shooting @ 850-970 tested on one of those red shooting Chrony @sea level baro 24.5ish. nice groups @100 yds with the 1:8 twist no key holing and cycled great. Groups at 1.72-2.5"..... but not out of a suppressor. Did try them out of a vector uzi w/ 22lr conversion full auto with suppressor and it cycled great.... uzi+full auto, suppressed= Fun. Extreme shock rounds are i think 100gr don't know where you would find a pill like that would still fit 2.25-7 coal of and ar mag.

I have a friend that says that his sub load cycles his AR:

The load used for the .223 is

LC case
Wolf small mag primer
10.4 gr 2400 powder
75 gr Privi Partizan BTHP

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SANDRAT</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: S&J Refinishing</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was making some 223 reduced loads a while back that would cycle my Ar15. I was using IMR SR4759 11.0 gr.. They where very accurate.. Sub 223 and 308 drop like a rock anyways. Kind of sucks. The best 308 I found was Black Hills. Drop is about 36" at 100 yards. But I did get a nice 3 shot group to touch with there ammo using my Sig LRS Blazer with my SWR Omeaga 30 </div></div>

What bullets were you using?I thought about trying to work some up with the 77gr SMK's or even heavier. </div></div>

I dont remember. I used a couple different ones back then. 53,55,69.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aZK-2BG1ras"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aZK-2BG1ras" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I think it might be on the verge of being super sonic if not a little faster.

I was thinking mabey top it w/a 220-240gr smk in the case, bore the barrel (1-7) to .308 and back it up with 9.9gr of trail boss and then....oh yea, sorry that wuz me quiet lil 300 whisper. Just sleep walking again. OPPS!
Smile a bit,
Soteaser