• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

subsonic ammo

Re: subsonic ammo

yes, you can shoot regular loads through a can, but subsonic loads get real quiet, supersonic loads sound a lot like a 22lr when fired through a can, subsonics sound more like a high powered air rifle... that's the best way I can explain it to someone who hasn't used a a can a few times

A suppressor is well worth it. More so for certain tasks as one can imagine. For me it's the ease of shooting without hearing protection. Subsonics with a can are stupid quiet especially .22 stuff. My .45 can sounds like a hand clap, and the sound of the bullet hitting the target gives a much louder report. That is depending on what the target may be.

suprised no one has posted reduced recoil as well. i.e. quicker follow up shots, getting back on target for bullet impact and makes perfect sense on an ar10 platform.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: megs1585</div><div class="ubbcode-body">suprised no one has posted reduced recoil as well. i.e. quicker follow up shots, getting back on target for bullet impact and makes perfect sense on an ar10 platform. </div></div>

Not perfect in the sense that you have to rack the charging handle for each shot. That will slow down your quick follow up shots. Subs won't cycle in a 308.

Xtreme Shock ammunition offers a full line of subsonic ammo. Decently priced and availability is good. Seeing better accuracy and range in my 308 bolt guns then with EBR ammo.