• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Subsonic ammunition

nlee318

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2010
da boot "NE Louisiana"
Well during my beloved wait for my suppressor's (day's pending 146 & month #5)I have been looking for subsonic ammo and ran across "EBR" Engel Ballistic Reasearch. Has anyone had any dealings with this company good/bad and if so what product was your choice and how did it perform? Also any <span style="font-weight: bold">Hide</span> approved vendor/dealer's of subsonic ammo would be greatly appreciated.

To be a little more specific of the ammo I'm in search of if it'll fit through a 762-sdn-6, osprey 45,40,9 ,sparrow ss, that's what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Subsonic ammunition

EBR is great subsonic ammo. I have ran it through my Gemtech M4-02. It is also the only subsonic load that Gemtech approves of or at least that is what it said in the TM that came with the suppressor.

If reloading is not an option ( the best option I might add) then SW would probably be a good choice, but it all seems so expensive as to justify buying the nessesary reloading equipment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If reloading is not an option ( the best option I might add) then SW would probably be a good choice, but it all seems so expensive as to justify buying the nessesary reloading equipment.</div></div> got to agree with this. I make my own and they work nicely.

EBR is not spending your money very wisely. Its far less superior then coming up with your own load or going with a custom maker.

Southwest Ammo
Copper Creek
McCourt Munitions

all 3 can offer your a much better product for the money.

I second (or third) rolling your own. A friend of mine went all out and bought EBR and Extreme Sh!t, and for the money, there are way better/consistent custom manufacturers out there. If you can't/don't reload, Southwest/Copper Creek/McCourt are all on here, and Right-To-Bear ammo is another good one.