• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Subsonic for deer

I agree on culling spikes, what is the deal with those teeth?
Zombie spike?
May have to break out my zombie edition Leopold.

It ethical in my opinion unless your guaranteed a head shot at close range

Meat hunt in early April. All three were shot within 2 minutes from the same blind. Subsonic 223. Beck ammo 77 grain REX subsonic bullets. All head shots from 30 yards to 80 yards.

Attachments

• DAB89EB5-8196-40A9-BE2A-D6B2DC9A2237.jpeg
    DAB89EB5-8196-40A9-BE2A-D6B2DC9A2237.jpeg
    822.1 KB · Views: 55
Awesome thread. I have a 308 sub reloads im trying out this weekend. 208 hornady with some pistol powder. Any idea on how much velocity is added when a can is added?

Very very little. Nearly imperceptible. If the can pushes you to supersonic you are too close anyway. Temp variations are far more of a factor.

Reactions: Gtscotty
Meat hunt in early April. All three were shot within 2 minutes from the same blind. Subsonic 223. Beck ammo 77 grain REX subsonic bullets. All head shots from 30 yards to 80 yards.

What kind of groups are you getting?

How far does that fan extend? 500 yards? 5 miles ?

🙄 500 miles.... naturally..... 🙄

180-220 grains at 500fps unstabilized will still break a cheap window glass, just like a rock from a lawnmower. Storm grade glass, some lawnmower rocks just bounce off.
Hitting any other part of the house, same as lawnmower rok into good storm glass.... to me, no big deal.
But, the soccer mom, who finds her window broke and a bullet in the house gets pissy...

Your call, your window, your woman, your problem DS, she already thinks u the most negative pessimistic person she knows, and probably would just shrug at you killing a window instead of the deer eating her flowers, instead of arguing with you.
My woman would laugh, and tell me to have the window fixed by noon, yes mam...

In my initial post, I spoke of deer off the edge of golf course eating flowers at the houses which backed up to course. I got one ac line at about 75 yards (one in a gazillion shot).... and one car window at 90ish.... interesting discussion w the chief later..
Ymmv

Risk VS result, let each person choose their own poison.

Two nights ago, a pig 80 pounds, absorbed 11 rounds of 9mm before expiring about 400 yards from initial contact point... 😳 hmmm
See above risk comment...
Everybodys-mmv

With subsonics at 200 yards, my 16" .300 BLK is pretty consistent. Unfortunately, the bullets I'm using are not rated to expand at subsonic velocities. But it's damn-accurate enough with a 3x scope and a 100 yard battle zero, using the BDC reticle. 😏

Last edited:
Reactions: deersniper
I would think a 220g rnfb sub would not go far after contact with much of anything.

I have a friend that works for a city in Texas that does control on city property.

That is what he is using and I believe tripod stands to get some elevation.

The load is 12.1 cfeblk 220g hornady interlock 300 blk.
It has grouped sub moa in my 16inch 1/7 twist barrel and stays subsonic in hot weather. 1015 fps in cold weather, could probably be bumped up slightly but no recoil, or sound with a can and good accuracy I'm done testing and just shoot it.

I have not tried to force a ricochet yet but will when circumstance allows for a test.

FWIW