• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suggest a cheek riser/pad

limitz

Private
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I just got the 3/4'' rise one off Cabelas, but unfortunately, my rifle's bolt won't open all the way.

I'd like to hear what cheek risers you guys are putting on your rifles.

Re: Suggest a cheek riser/pad

Karsten Cheek Rest
I cant remember where I got it but there is an A, B & C model. I suggest the one without the quick elevation adjustment as it holds firm and wont slip down on you, cost about $60

Karsten's looks great. Thanks, I may be going with him.

Any other suggestions for perhaps a version in leather so I can compare?

I've always been a big fan of leather.

RAT grips. Non permanent, mold to your face and then covered with a stock pack.

there is some stuff by kick-eze i think. different thicknesses available from midway. you can trim a notch in anything to allow the bolt to open and be removed. if you use yahoo or goodle and enter "leather stock pad" or something similar you get a bunch of hits. guys use mouse pads and duct tape under a regular stock pack. others have (fiber)glassed a raised rest and bondo'ed it and you cant tell its not factory.

how handy are ya?

Good day,

Sinister recommended this one, I still need to try it out:

Doc, you can reach Dan through his web site: http://cheekwelder.com/

They work really well. I shoot my rifle with both iron sights and scopes and I didn't want to drill mine, either. The Cheek Welder is more comfortable than the Eagle stock pack.

They come in medium, high, and extra high. High seems to fit best for this particular stock and 20 MOA sloped rail, 42mm objective scope in 30mm medium height rings.

Sinister, hope you don't mind me re-quoting a PM,
DocB

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FZJ80</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Karsten Cheek Rest
I cant remember where I got it but there is an A, B & C model. I suggest the one without the quick elevation adjustment as it holds firm and wont slip down on you, cost about $60 </div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: limitz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does the Karsten or SWP cheek rest involve drilling through the stock? </div></div>
Yes, you have to drill it. The XLR cheekpiece is aluminum and seems nicer than the Karsten so take a look at that too.

I'm still not ready to drill my stock. I have a stock pack that didn't provide enough rise for allignment with my scope so I just used what I had around the house and duct tape to raise the comb height. Then I slapped the stock pack back on and cinched it down. Kinda ghetto, but you can't see under the stock pack and it works perfectly. Thought it wouldn't be permanent, but...