• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Suggest me a good scope...on a budget.

Re: Suggest me a good scope...on a budget.

Look at the Vortex Viper HS 4-16x44. Not a true mildot but the BDC reticle is a good one. And Liberty Optics has them for about 500 with the snipershide discount.

look at the Bushnell Elite scopes too. Scott at Liberty Optics has those too. He is a good guy to deal with.

The WOTAC from Wonders Optics their web site is www.sightwonders.com I believe they are $349.00 they are 4-14x50mm it also has 80 MOA's of elevation. I do believe you can get it in Mil Dot. Glass is clear through the full range at least for my eyes. I use it to shoot 1000 yards plus. So far I have had mine from their Gen 4 scopes to their new Gen 5 models have never had one loose zero and when you have to dail up or down you can dial back to zero and zero is what you have, for the money in my opinion you won't get a better scope for the money.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rezmedic54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The WOTAC from Wonders Optics their web site is www.sightwonders.com I believe they are $349.00 they are 4-14x50mm it also has 80 MOA's of elevation. I do believe you can get it in Mil Dot. Glass is clear through the full range at least for my eyes. I use it to shoot 1000 yards plus. So far I have had mine from their Gen 4 scopes to their new Gen 5 models have never had one loose zero and when you have to dail up or down you can dial back to zero and zero is what you have, for the money in my opinion you won't get a better scope for the money. </div></div>

Stay away from wotac. Go super sniper.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bward</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SS 16X. </div></div>

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.
The SS 16X is now stuck in my head. For some reason I was dead set on a variable power but the 16X seams like a good idea. It might work out well for me. Maximum shooting distance will be 500...IF I even do that. Most likely between 100-300yd.

In that budget I also feel that a fixed power SS scope is going to be your best option. Make sure you invest the rest of your optics budget into a quality base and set of rings.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: njlohmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In that budget I also feel that a fixed power SS scope is going to be your best option. Make sure you invest the rest of your optics budget into a quality base and set of rings. </div></div>Thats exactly what my thinking was. Spend the rest on rings and a nice base.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rezmedic54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The WOTAC from Wonders Optics their web site is www.sightwonders.com I believe they are $349.00 they are 4-14x50mm it also has 80 MOA's of elevation. I do believe you can get it in Mil Dot. Glass is clear through the full range at least for my eyes. I use it to shoot 1000 yards plus. So far I have had mine from their Gen 4 scopes to their new Gen 5 models have never had one loose zero and when you have to dail up or down you can dial back to zero and zero is what you have, for the money in my opinion you won't get a better scope for the money. </div></div>

wotac gets a bad reputation from folks dealing with the company. the scope is a pretty good buy for the money but dealing with matt at wotac is just a pain if somthing happens

I would suggest a bit of patience if you decide to get a SS. Later in the spring of this year they are getting revamped and are going to be offered in a mil turret model.

I'm in the exact same boat, I want to replace the Hensoldt FERO Z24 (4x) on my PTR to something more powerful, like 4x16. Never heard of Wotac before, going to check out some reviews. It seems like for the longest time there were no decent "intermediate" optics out there but now there seems to be a plethora of companies. Anyone have an SG1 claw mount they want to part with?
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: billyburl2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would suggest a bit of patience if you decide to get a SS. Later in the spring of this year they are getting revamped and are going to be offered in a mil turret model.</div></div> I don't plan on making the the purchase until spring time. Thanks for the heads up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ridgeback80</div><div class="ubbcode-body">KBR97, i sent you a pm! </div></div> Got it, thanks for the oppurtunity.

Fixed power SS just like everyone has said, I would try to stick to mil rather than moa turrets if that becomes an option given to you. Imo the SS 16x is going to be the best bang for the buck and I must say, having looking through many top of the line quality scopes before I looked through the SS I was still very much impressed with the clarity in the glass.

Wait a few months and get the new SS 16X. It will be mil/mil by spring.

I've owned a SS fixed power, a Wotac 4-14, a Falcon menace 10x, and a Vortex Viper (as well as my SSHD 5-20). I would own gladly the fixed SS again (and still have the viper) but I wouldn't buy a Wotac or falcon again. They both had almost no clicks on at least one turret.

In my experience you can't go wrong with a SWFA or Vortex. If you're willing to keep an eye on the used market, the SSHD 10x can be had in the 5-600 range. I missed one for $450 on arfcom by 5 minutes the other day.
cry.gif

Falcon menace is probably your best bet in your price range, but if you can save up enough, go with the weaver tactical, I just got one and its spectacular.

The new Vortex Viper HS from midway might fit your needs also. It is 5-15X44 mil/mil with a great warranty and you should be able to pick it up for 450 or so if you use one of the discount codes that is always floating around.