• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suggested book/guides/advice on AR assembly

WCW308

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2008
Central Idaho
I have several AR's 5.56, 204 & 6mm & want to understand how to switch out barrels, change handguards, tools needed, etc. safely & correctly. Any suggestions on specific how-to books or info here on the forum that has been posted earlier? Thanks.

Re: Suggested book/guides/advice on AR assembly

I have the video from Brownells and it is pretty good, if you can stand the guy giving the instruction.

OW

The best AR15 assembly guide that I've seen is "The AR-15 Complete Assembly Guide" by Walt Kuleck with Clint McKee.

Brownells and Midway probably have it. It's certainly available from Fulton Armory.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bonk1999</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi
AR15.com has complete instruction with pictures on its website under the "Build it yourself" forum.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=226782

Good luck and have fun.

Bonk </div></div>
+1!

You don't need no stinkin books, just go to the website and get er done

Beware of he who speaks the name of the web site that should not be spoken of!!

thanks for the info-I have learned quite a bit from this site & appreciate the resource & people who contribute to it. Maybe one day, I'll have my own GAP .260....

Why? Is their some evil feud with the home of the black rifle?