• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Suggestion for Utah gunsmith

lawdogc22

Private
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2009
I am looking for suggestions on gunsmiths in Utah for the instillation of a Badger FTE break?

Re: Suggestion for Utah gunsmith

I'm in the same boat in the Salt Lake area. I want to put the FTE on my 5r. I placed a call this morning to Precision Guns in West Haven just west of Ogden. No luck getting a live body but I left my contact info. When I get the info I'll pm it to you if you want.

If anybody else has experience with them it would be appreciated. Thanks.

RT

I have seen and shot a couple of the guns that Roger has built ..
They look and shoot great ..

+1 For Brad a Wasatchprecisionarms Unfortunately because of his work load he is only at his phone Tuesday through Thursday 2-5pm. The best around this area!

Roger Burch is the only one I'd let touch my gun. He builds rifles for most of the PD's in the state and I've yet to hear a single complaint. If you're interested PM me and I'll get you his number.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bandit19</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Roger Burch is the only one I'd let touch my gun. He builds rifles for most of the PD's in the state and I've yet to hear a single complaint. If you're interested PM me and I'll get you his number.</div></div>

PM inbound

Brad at Wasatch Precision is top shelf. Does fine work.

Update....I could never seem to get a live body or returned phone call from any of the suggested smiths so I sent the barrel to GAP for the install. 3 to 4 weeks and maybe I'll get to comment on their work.

RT

I have had top notch work done by Guy Momberg at Lock Stock and Barrel in Cottonwood Heights.

He is a touch eccentric but top flight work, short turnaround and reasonable $$$$.

Agree with the comment on Guy's work, he's worked on 1911's, shotguns, and rifles for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lawdogc22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Driver any update? </div></div>

Yup. I received a call about two weeks after GAP received it saying it was complete and asking how I wanted to pay for the work. The $250 I was told would be the cost included return shipping and insurance. I didn't expect that. I figured I would be paying another $25 to cover S&I for the return trip. The installation looks great. I just remounted the scope tonight and hope to shoot it this weekend if it's not too wet. If you go this way and need a box to ship, let me know. I haven't trashed it yet.

RT

I finally shot last weekend. All I can say is it's worth every penny. We shot out to 800 yards. I could easily track the bullet path through the scope. What a blast.

RT

Roger Burch is outstanding... He has done a couple of full blown 100% custom Tactical Bolt Action builds for me as well as some existing rifle mods/machine work. I know there are several great smiths around the State but Roger does exceptional work. He builds high attention to detail tack-drivers.