• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suggestions for a CCW, but has to be .45ACP

Bul Armory makes some solid 1911s. I’m sure they have a nice carry version in 45acp. I know their 9mm carry options have double stack mags/factory comp/ and red dot milling.

Lots of options including the smaller sized 1911 pistols.

If you happen to want a H&K pistol, there is the HK45C which is does 8 or 10 round magazines, and is available with or without a threaded barrel (or have one of each).
+1 on the HK 45C

"I agree, the Sig P220 would be very excellent. It is narrow enough to CCW relatively easily. Carries 8 rounds, and uses single stack mags. Gray Guns makes aftermarket trigger parts, which are great. I have 7 Sigs, and they all have GGI upgrade parts."

I used the full size 220 down range and NEVER had a malfunction and the pills do what they are supposed to do. But, it's not a religious experience where the Sig gods steer your bullets; you have to practice; a winger with a 45 is the same as one with a 9 (or anything else), Some of the other guys used Glocks, M9s and 226s and all the bullets go where they are supposed to but delivering an accurate 45 hit usually meant the exercise was concluded satisfactorily. I don't mod the hell out of the P220s; slight trim to the mag release spring, trim the slide release lever profile, Grey Guns hammer spring and trigger for my fat hands, and an SRT if it doesn't have one. The package is generally snag proof, easy to carry concealed, and easy to maintain in the field. None of which means anything if it doesn't fit your hand or you don't practice. One of my neighbors is also a client and several years ago he got set up with a 226 and i did the minor mods. Over the course of a month or so he was in the 10s on the El Presidente and could compete well on the trees. He was 73 then. Now he's 80 and I clean his gear every Christmas for him but even he recognizes that without practice, he's a liability. RANT OFF.

Last edited:
I didn’t bother to read the last three pages but If you want to carry a 45 get a lightweight commander style gun. A Wilson Combat is probably the best value for the money if you don’t mind spending some money appropriate to the value of your life. There is no reason to mess with any other style of gun, if you want to go concealed with a 45. I have been carrying some variant of the 1911 since I was 18 and that has been a while.

Reactions: canman