• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

K-Bars Suggestions for a portable home knife safe?

JLTX

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2020
North Texas
Like others through the past year I have added extra knifes for various purposes (bushcraft/carry/hunting) and have overgrown a comfort level with them filling a drawer. What are y’all using for a 20 knife (7 folder/otf, 13 fixed- 4-9” blade) portable home safe? Ideally, I could transport it from city to country and keep it secure from curious lil fingers while at rest. Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Maybe find a local woodworker, and have them make you a chest. It could be sort of like a large tackle box, but have a latch to keep little kids out. You could have slots or a tray for each knife. I don’t know, that just sort of popped in my head. It could be pretty cool.

What about one of the smaller Pelican cases? Or if you want to go cheap, a Harbor Freight knockoff. They’re all lockable I think.

Reactions: R_A_W
Do they make any of those lockable handgun safes that are large enough for a bunch of knives?
A firebox type of lockable document box? Seems they have some pretty large metal and plastic fire/lockboxes.
Might need to make some separators for the inside?

Pelican Case?

Cant find a picture of the inside of this one, but there are numerous soft cases for knives. But many seem to be mainly for folders or are roll up canvas for kitchen cutlery.

Aluminum briefcase type storage

Last edited: