• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes suggestions for AR-10 scope 1200.00 budget.

Am180man

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2008
Missouri
Taking delivery of my upper from Elite Iron. Super SASS with SERE suppressor. Now I need to glass it. Don't want to go over 1200.00. Considering Sightron SIIISS 8-32. Tried to find some reviews but couldn't come up with anything definitive.

What would be some other alternatives in this price range?
Thanks guys!

Re: suggestions for AR-10 scope 1200.00 budget.

this is of interest to me as well so consider it tagged.

IMHO i would go with a used USO ST10.

I'll take care of you on a new US Optics if you decide to go that route. Let me know

IOR. I have a Spartan on my 10 and love it so far.

Have you thought about the Bushnell HDMR GAP 3-21. He's got an extra one that I had to back out on for $1250.

I reserved two on the group buy and had an "Oh shit" quadruple bypass between ordering and delivery, with funds being tight until I can get back to work, George was real cool about it. I got the one scope and it's bad ass.

CHeers,
Breeze

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HBxAdub</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am currently building my lr308/ar10 and I plan on putting a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x FFP on it.

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-viper-pst-6-24x50-ffp-riflescope-with-ebr-1-mrad-reticle </div></div>

the only problem is you will be on a list and it's looking like March before you might be able to get one. This is what I was going for and then I started looking at Bushnell's Elite 6-24x50 FFP...was not wild about the mildot reticle but they have 2 new models coming out with new reticles. They also have more adjustment than the older models. I'm hoping to get my hands on one after the SHOT show. Just another option for you to think about. Of course, if you are thinking USO...this one is not in the same league.

You don't need 24-32x of zoom to accurately hit targets at 1000 yards, fixed 10 power will be fine, take Lazy21 up on his offer, or look at a SS HD, or a used Nightforce 3.5-15

if you want to do more than just HIT a man sized target at 1000, more zoom is a necessity!

the sIII has AS GOOD AS GLASS, if not BETTER, than nightforce....you can NOT go wrong with it as a choice. It's not built quite as robust as the nightforce, but unless you plan on deploying with your gap10...or dragging it down the road....then you'll be fine.

I would personally take that $1200 and hit the for sale section. Look for a used SWFA SS 5-20 and rock that.

For $1200 or less:

SWFA Super Sniper 5-25
Vortex Viper PST
Bushnell Elite Tactical
Sightron SIII
IOR

...or save $300-$400 more and get a NightForce NXS. Take a look at the Optics For Sale forum as you'll find many good options.