• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Hunting & Fishing Suggestions for lightweight hunting stock!

mustang-cars

Private
Minuteman
Supporter
Jul 6, 2017
I'm trying to build a lightweight hunting rifle. I will be using a Defiance Hunter short action, Proof carbon barrel 24" sendero light, triggertech diamond, 6.5CM. I want the Manners EH-1 but I don't want to wait for it. I've heard a year wait time is not unreasonable. I looked at the Gunwerks stocks but the mid level carbon fiber one is $1300. Not sure if its worth the cost. I do want a vertical grip as I don't shoot traditional stocks well. Looking around I don't see a whole lot of options but I'm sure I'm missing something. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. Thanks

Manners is coming out with a SUPER light, like 16 oz naked stock, soon. Felt it at Shot show. amazing. Nothing will compare.

Second choice is by a stock company called JCS Composites. My rifle below is under 10 lbs as sits with a decent heavy scope and barrel. Think I weighed the stock at a smidge over 2lbs with BM and butt pad. This is a vert grip one tho. Their hunting grip style is lighter.

Jenns hunting rifle.JPG

Last choice is a Proof lightweight stock. Its not out yet but looks promising as well.

GL
DT

Have you looked at AG Composites? They are based in Louisiana and seem very nice.
Yes I just stumbled across them an hour ago. They seem like good stocks. I would like to know how rigid they are. I called and they have a 4-8 week lead time which is pretty reasonable.

McMillan Gamescout in the lightweight option. McMillan has some colors that are ready for inletting. Typically a 2-4 week turnaround time. I love this stock and run one with a Proof barrel. Perfectly light for hunting.