• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Suggestions for mounting Mark 6 3-18x

ZombieMonkey

Can I get a liter of cola
Minuteman
  • May 2, 2013
    Queen Creek, AZ
    I have a Leupold Mark 6 3-18x on the way and really could use some help with mount choices. I need a QD mount that would allow me to mount it to a AR-15 and still be capable of swapping to a AR-10. The area I am struggling with is selecting a mount that will afford me proper eye relief with a PRS style stock. Anyone have some experience or advice they can offer?

FYI, I don't care to listen to anyone's comments about QD bases vs fixed so don't waste your breath, I have plenty of my own experience swapping QD's and honestly have not had issues despite constantly taking a S&B and Vortex off in QD mounts.

i'm running the larue LT120. about as low as you can go and still clear BUIS under the ocular lens housing. I also have an LT111 which sits up a little higher, i'm looking to sell it. PM me if you're interested.

swapping between a ar10 & 15 isn't a big deal. You just need a cantilever mount and set it up for the AR15.

I've used Larue mounts on other scopes when QD has been desired, but the offerings from ADM and Bobro have definitely been appealing. How much of a forward cant is needed to get proper eye relief? It seems there are quite a few options as far as cant goes.

I like my ADM mount, mine is used for a less precise application, but I would probably use a Bobro or tri lever ADM. I would NOT use Larue, based on my own experience and reports from others.