• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suggestions for steel target and stand

DarkKnight

Private
Minuteman
Aug 25, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
I am looking for a good steel target and a stand that will place the top of the steel target at approx. 5'-6'. The reason is that the place where I shoot likes you to have your taregts set at that height inside of about 600 yrds. They do this as a safety precaution against rounds skipping off of the ground and going over the berm. Thanks

Re: Suggestions for steel target and stand

use the search engine on the sides of the page

there are plenty of threads about this

Check out the LV Steel Targets, specifically the ones "on a stick" and the drive in the ground bases. If you use a standard 2" X 2" you can cut it to whatever length you want to get the desired height. Something else that I do is use LV's drive in the ground bases and a 2X2 with a hook to hang a standard steel target. I just keep the chain short so that it can't swing too far to one side or the other.

http://lvsteeltargets.com/main.htm

I have four of Kurt's targets and so far only one of them is about "broken" but only because it's been with everything from .223 to .338 at fairly close ranges. I highly recommend his stuff.

Also check with Big Dog Steel. They have several types including some that go on top of your supplied 4x4 post. I've made two orders from them and got first class service and excellent products.

Check the steel target makers in the sponsor section. Give the community who finically supports the site your business.

I've been very pleased with Big Dog Steel's plate/t-post set up. You pick the plate size, and then get his "t-post hanger". The hanger fits on any length standard T-post( I buy them for $5 at tractor supply) ........easy to deal with, and you don't hane to ship the target stand.....works for me!

For targets I've been more than happy with these http://www.jcsteeltargets.com/

For stands I've been using ones from http://www.acetargets.com/

This combo lets me pack quite a bit of steel with me without taking up a lot of room. I've yet to break either a target or stand, and those that have shot with me know I have a tendency of trashing both.

I looked at the ace targets link and it looks a little under construction. When I clicked on the pay with paypal the description just said 1/2". The contact us link got me know where. Is this sight legit?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: grayman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I looked at the ace targets link and it looks a little under construction. When I clicked on the pay with paypal the description just said 1/2". The contact us link got me know where. Is this sight legit? </div></div>

I'm pretty sure it's legit
smile.gif
But the server change has the site a bit jacked up. Send a PM and I will get you taken care of.

I would choose a Hide AUTHORIZED vendor. No offense to Action Target but they should read the rules.Hide vendors take care of Hide members!
Chris

I make my stands out of black iron pipe. Works well and it's light. And easy to repair.

Rifles Only has a bunch of these, I bought one and have been extremely happy with it.
http://www.arntzentargets.com/
Simple easy setup, very durable, folds up for easy transportation, been shot thousands of times, pistol, shotgun, rifles, machine guns, never knocked it over yet.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Another vote for <span style="color: #000099">www.jcsteeltargets.com </span>and his T-post brackets. </span>Takes a beating, and keeps on working. Plus you're supporting the Jubilee youth ranch. Good Stuff!

Big Dog Steel is all you need for your target needs. Ryan makes some serious targets AND the stands for them. If you have access to a welder or a friend that can weld, they can make you some corners really easily. Takes about 10 minutes to do properly and they will last forever.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: grayman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I looked at the ace targets link and it looks a little under construction. When I clicked on the pay with paypal the description just said 1/2". The contact us link got me know where. Is this sight legit? </div></div>

Yeah ace is super legit. He makes a awesome product and does quality work for a great price. I recommend his rebar stands for sure!!!