• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suggestions on higher-end AR-10 platforms

Re: Suggestions on higher-end AR-10 platforms

POF's suck KB... lol...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">POF's suck KB... lol...</div></div>

Stay the hell out of it, Broker. Go pick your own damned fight! LoL
laugh.gif

Wow, Ok then.. didn't intend to start a posting battle.

The reason I the post was created in the 1st place is multi fold.

1. I'm not rich enough to buy each of the 3 rifles, work uploads and decide for myself which is best for me based on my results.
2. I stated my desires/requirements to the best of my ability at the time of the post to let folks know where I was coming from.
3. I am happy to admit both I know a bit and theres plenty I don't know..... Thus I asked folks what I posted.
4. I <span style="text-decoration: underline">made an assumption</span> that you folks would be a good -reasonably non-biased resource for opinions - based on experience.

5. When I had the opportunity to get a much better deal on a POF than retail, I would be a fool not to consider it. Perhaps 800.00 is chump change to some, but its a reasonable amount of money for me.

Ultimately I will have to make the decision that's the best for me. As I learned with reloading, I and no one else needed to decide how far to chase "perfection" That applies to hand loads and to rifles. Will their be better options, sure. Without asking, I can't collect the information. As such, I can't make an informed decision/purchase.

Thanks for all of the comments from folks. Its helpful to me in making a more informed decision.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kritos666</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, Ok then.. didn't intend to start a posting battle.

1. I'm not rich enough to buy each of the 3 rifles, work uploads and decide for myself which is best for me based on my results.
2. I stated my desires/requirements to the best of my ability at the time of the post to let folks know where I was coming from.
3. I am happy to admit both I know a bit and theres plenty I don't know..... Thus I asked folks what I posted.
4. I <span style="text-decoration: underline">made an assumption</span> that you folks would be a good -reasonably non-biased resource for opinions - based on experience.

5. When I had the opportunity to get a much better deal on a POF than retail, I would be a fool not to consider it. Perhaps 800.00 is chump change to some, but its a reasonable amount of money for me.

Ultimately I will have to make the decision that's the best for me. As I learned with reloading, I and no one else needed to decide how far to chase "perfection" That applies to hand loads and to rifles. Will their be better options, sure. Without asking, I can't collect the information. As such, I can't make an informed decision/purchase.

Thanks for all of the comments from folks. Its helpful to me in making a more informed decision.

</div></div>

Here is the deal, I have shot all three of the rifles you commented on.

If money was no objective the choice would be GAP, Larue, POF... however because you are watching your budget, the choice is POF, GAP and Larue.

All three are very accurate and will do 1/2" minute consistently, in an AR10 that is outstanding.

The POF is a very good bang for you buck, and the key to all three of these rifles is the Barrel... using a good barrel pays dividends when it comes to a Semi Auto. Also the advantage that GAP and POF have is the heat sink connection, how it marries the barrel to the receiver. It creates a very solid lock up.

Nevermind the two guys fighting, I put them in the corner for a few days.

The extra money saved is not going to be noticeable in performance, especially with the average shooter. Get the one you can afford first and enjoy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kritos666</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

Lol... You might have well have asked DI vs. Piston or Ford vs. Chevy. The problem with any gun owner is they're often like Custom Car Owners... biased as hell. I own a GAP-10, but I'll tell you now I'd own an OBR, POF, KAC, and god knows what else given the money. They're all GREAT platforms, but you should try and handle them and see which one feels best to you. Maybe go to a local match or find some guys on the hide. If you ever want to see my GAP-10 I could meet you in Gig Harbor if you're in the area.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get the one you can afford first and enjoy. </div></div>

Amen to that...

That was a fun read !!!

Try to get one used. Buy it and shoot it. Sell it and get another brand and do the same. Try to get one off the used section at a good price and you should be able to recoup most of you money when you sell it.

I found in shooting that the ammo cost will far outweigh the rifle cost. I would look at 308 or 260 as they are the most common. 260 will be more forgiving in the wind at those ranges.

There is no perfect rifle.

GAP really treats there customers well.

I would not want a piston AR. Between that and the fact that one is a factory rifle and the other is a custom rifle with matching bolt and barrel and all the other perks of a hand-fit gun I'd buy the POF, turn around and sell it new at retail, and then buy a GAP. Or just save up and buy the GAP...

They really are apples and oranges, and you could make a pretty good argument that one is superior to the other.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RuLins05</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...The MWS and REPR are good battle rifles but their focus is not on accuracy and from my experience as well as reviews from others <span style="font-weight: bold">this is obvious</span>. </div></div>

I dont know about accuracy issues after viewing Trident's 10 shot groups with his MWS in the recent AR-10 accuracy post. Looks pretty much like LMT focused on accuracy when they built his 16 inch chrome lined battle rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RadioactiveYeti</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shooting my REPR is definitely a blast. I personally have run this against the MWS and OBRs and have to say I love my REPR.. Main reason.. A Suppressor!
I give up a quarter MOA to my buds with the MWS and OBR but the difference in being able to go gas off or into " supressed " mode makes a world of difference. You really can tell the difference in the back last to the face after 40 -50 rounds... To each thier own.. If you are gonna bench rest a semi go OBR or GAP... If you are gonna shoot prone suppressed of the side of a hill at steel targets then the REPR will be more fun.... I am putting 10 into a 10" plate at 500 yd all day long and I can tell you I am not the best shooter in the crew my 2 cents FWIW </div></div>
+1 for the lwrc repr, i bought mine after shooting a friends , gun handles very well, throw an atlas v-8 on it, and you are set

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kritos666</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, Ok then.. didn't intend to start a posting battle.

</div></div>

Go with the POF save the money and then sell it if you don't like it

Most of my next statement is true. It's the indian, not the bow and arrow.

Please explain to me this statement:
Between that and the fact that one is a factory rifle and the other is a custom rifle with matching bolt and barrel and all the other perks of a hand-fit gun ___________________________________________________________
Doesn't POF make the Upper and lower and the hand guard. Do you think that GAP somehow specifically programs its CNC machine for each particular gun to somehow make a matching bolt and barrel. Also, please enlighten me as to the other perks. If I am wrong I would love to know it. It seems to me that you are simply talking about nice parts, not some magic lotion that GAP rubs on its parts.