• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Hunting & Fishing Sunday/Monday coyotes

5spd

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 4, 2012
Cheyenne, WY
Results from Sunday & Monday mornings coyote calling.
Nice hunt after the storm blew through N CO & SE WY.
They were hungry ones, but nice & fat/full of thick fur.
Bitter cold, but very little wind which helps 100%.
coyotes009.jpg

coyotes014.jpg

Re: Sunday/Monday coyotes

Nice going 5spd!!! Those are some nicely furred up yotes. They are finally starting to fur up here in northern AZ and getting fired up with the arrival of the cold weather. Keep putting the fur in the dirt!

Great shooting. but if you got that triple with that bolt gun...you might want to upgrade your name to "Overdrive!"

Those are some seriously fuzzed up yotes. Keep piling them up and sharing the pix.

Cheers,
Breeze

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Southbreeze</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great shooting. but if you got that triple with that bolt gun...you might want to upgrade your name to "Overdrive!"
Those are some seriously fuzzed up yotes. Keep piling them up and sharing the pix.
Cheers,
Breeze </div></div>
I dropped a pair coming in fast, then the 3rd one an hour later.
I should of had another double Monday morning at the dead cow pile instead of just 1, but as I swung to shoot the other one it ran the opposite direction to my bbl...darn it.
They are thick right now & still furring up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johnnyappleseed</div><div class="ubbcode-body">good job
what kind of rig are you using? </div></div>
Savage SA, 24" Select SS McGowan bbl, Basix #2 trigger set at 1.5lbs, factory plastic stock.
I built into 6x45 (6mm x.223) after I shot out the .223 bbl.
I shoot a 65g vmax at 3153 fps & it hammers coyotes out to 600 yards so far & is as great on antelope with my 85g load.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johnnyappleseed</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how about the scope? </div></div>
27 yr old (Japan made) 6-24x44 BSA platnum target scope w/ target dials, 1/8" dot reticle.

Good coyotes. No snow to speak of here yet. The influx of wolves in our area has really slowed down the numbers of coyotes we have here.

Didn't get drawn for the wold tag this year, but will be putting in for it again next year!

Hey Chopper, is it like the ravens/crows thing in Alaska? If you shoot and it falls, it's a coyote....but if you miss and it runs off it was a wolf?
smile.gif

5spd, you've kick started my gun A.D.D. I was thinking about this 6x45 you're using, then Specialized Dynamics puts up a Black Friday 6WOA upper deal. I caved and just ordered a set of dies and an upper. So, hopefully, I'll be posting some mangy fleabag pix shortly.

Cheers,
Breeze