• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

super accurate junk gun, HELP

blowther

Private
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2013
OHIO
I bought a used gun the other day. It is an old 700 adl in 22-250 in an ugly Choate Ultimate Snipe Stock. Got a screaming deal on it, it was someones project that never got made. I took off the iron sights, threw an old scope on it and gave it a good cleaning and shot it for S's and G's. It turned out to be a one hole gun that shoots 4k fps. I was going to re-barrel it as a .260 but can't bring myself to take it apart.

My question is, do I have fun shooting the barrel out killing whistle pigs or buy a new .260 possibly a savage mod 10 predator, for long range hunting and bench work. I have a 1k range close and would like to ring the gong with something smaller than my retired .308 Norma. Help

Re: super accurate junk gun, HELP

That's why you don't shoot the donor.

Load up a SHIT load of whatever bugholed, and go burn the tube out in an afternoon or 2 shooting pigs/gophers/crows/liberals.

That's what I'd do, at least.

Get you the new barrel for it now so when the one that's on it is wore out you'll be ready

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: s.i.t.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get you the new barrel for it now so when the one that's on it is wore out you'll be ready </div></div>

+1. And then load up a shit load of ammo and burn that sucker out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xXlojackXx</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: s.i.t.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get you the new barrel for it now so when the one that's on it is wore out you'll be ready </div></div>

+1. And then load up a shit load of ammo and burn that sucker out. </div></div>
+2. Sounds like a hell of a lot of fun to me!!!

yeah i have pushed some pretty flat primers already i dont think it will take long