• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Super Sniper trouble ????

tspearsrph

Private
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2003
Talladega, AL
I have a couple of SWFA Super Sniper scopes (several years old) that appear to have very fine "freckles" on the optics when viewing through
the scope. You cannot see this externally. A thorough, proper cleaning did not help. Anyone else experience this?

tom

Re: Super Sniper trouble ????

I have four SWFA SS scopes and have not seen this, or other problems. If it is causing problems give them a call.

I have had a 3-9 SS for about a year now, no issues. I second Prairie Dog Dundee's comment about contacting SWFA though.

I have a fixed 10 and I was looking through it just a while ago across a highway on a beautiful sunny day... no freckles that I could see.

I've had one of these a few years ago, there's bubbles in the coating I believe. SWFA is aware of the issue and it should be fixed under warranty.

I've never heard of bubbles in the coatings. Its most likely some internal debris that has worked its way to the glass reticle which is at a focal point and being glass the debris can't move past it.

Common problem that plagues all glass etched reticle scopes.

Someone from our CS will contact you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've never heard of bubbles in the coatings. Its most likely some internal debris that has worked its way to the glass reticle which is at a focal point and being glass the debris can't move past it.

Someone from our CS will contact you. </div></div>

This is why I like SS scopes so much, They are tough as hell but if you have a problem SWFA is quick to help.
GREAT CS!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sniper6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
SWFA said:
I've never heard of bubbles in the coatings. Its most likely some internal debris that has worked its way to the glass reticle which is at a focal point and being glass the debris can't move past it.

Someone from our CS will contact you. </div></div>

This is why I like SS scopes so much, They are tough as hell but if you have a problem SWFA is quick to help.
GREAT CS!
[/quote

Great place the Hide. You notice he did'nt have to call them? They are calling him. Now that is service.

I just called SWFA customer service, as instructed via an email the day after my initial post from Ms. Catrina O'Neal in their CS dept., spoke with Ms. O'Neal and got return instructions, etc.

It is really refreshing to still have companies that stand behind their products, in the rare instances there are problems, with a personal "we will take care of the problem" attitude. THANKS SWFA !!!!

Tom

Returned the 2 defective scopes to SWFA as per their instructions. In about a week I had 2 brand new scopes in hand. Thanks SWFA for standing behind your products and the exceptional customer service!!!

tom